Solved Dear FT ADMIN... Where Are You?

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Feel your pain. Made a move myself from IL to Ga. Been 6 mos from sale to new home & I still haven't started on setting up the work space for the toys yet. Hope U R enjoying the change as much as I am.
Where in GA did you end up?

The center part of the state has lots of RC activity.

cyclone3350

Master member
Where in GA did you end up?

The center part of the state has lots of RC activity.

I ended up in Dacula. Not as close as I would like to be to an RC field. I have Stone Mountain & Hill Top within 45 min & Fayette Flyers is an hour. @ least I have a lot more flying days a year than I did in the upper Midwest. 2 hours from SEFF, so I should be there this year.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I ended up in Dacula. Not as close as I would like to be to an RC field. I have Stone Mountain & Hill Top within 45 min & Fayette Flyers is an hour. @ least I have a lot more flying days a year than I did in the upper Midwest. 2 hours from SEFF, so I should be there this year.

You did manage to get away from a few...

Check out Cobb County if you haven't already.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/285773998245286

Also, there's Hodges Field down by Americus where they hold SEFF and other large events every year.

And the Perry Swap Meet is coming up.

https://www.gamarc.com/smsshow?utm_...mail&cid=3c438710-8572-4433-9381-266368cdd21d

Inq

Elite member
We're trying to work on some better methods for filtering and dealing with spam accounts too.

It seems like when I joined (recently) it was automatic. I think I posted immediately after joining. On several other forums I haunt, I had to include a message to the admin on why I wanted to join, interests, etc. IOW, it was a manual process. I asked the admin/owner of one of those forums and he says spammer won't go to that trouble and thus not join. He said overall it was a lot less work for him on the front-end than dealing with the headaches on the tail-end. On the rare occasion when one gets through... they're banned immediately.

Good luck.

Inq

Elite member
Does anyone know... when my submitted resource is approved/denied, do I get an automatic notification? Thanks

Tench745

Master member
Does anyone know... when my submitted resource is approved/denied, do I get an automatic notification? Thanks
I believe you get a notification, but I can't remember for sure. Been a while since I posted anything.

Flyingshark

Master member
I don't think I got a notification when my resources were approved. I just obsessively checked for them on the resources page for a day or two, and then suddenly they were magically there! :)

basslord1124

Master member
On a similar note, I am pretty sure I got spammed through FT youtube channel. A comment was left referring me to contact a supposed "Flitetest" member through Discord. Engaged in the conversation with this person who said I had just won a giveaway for a PS5 and an iPhone 14.

Inq

Elite member
I don't think I got a notification when my resources were approved. I just obsessively checked for them on the resources page for a day or two, and then suddenly they were magically there! :)

:ROFLMAO: ... a day or two. I've been obsessing for 40 days and 40 nights. Well... actually just since December 17th. :oops:

I fully understand @FlyingMonkey situation is far more important than monitoring the forum. What I'm having a little trouble with is why the poor guy is the only one. I think I watched a recent video where it said 40,000 new members had joined in the last MONTH. AND ONLY ONE GUY MONITORS THE FORUM!!??!! One armed wallpaper hangers have nothing on @FlyingMonkey. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Draftman1

I think the way to get a job interview for a volunteer position still requires the individual to send the company a resume and letter of intent. Hi I'm X a long time modeler and forum member and I've noticed that some aspects have been lacking attention. IF the reasons for that are lack of volunteers here are my qualifications and reasons I'd like to join your team......
Might go a lot farther then, "They ain't as good as they used to be, nyah!" Frankly, when I started building some of their things with foam board, I would be really impressed to see they've graduated to that F-18 my buddy just built and sent me a picture of. Shoot, I was crew on the SPAD forum for a while and I loved the planes we put out, didn't have a video production setup, had some GREAT once a year flyins. Gotta admit, I'm a little jelly of the operation here.
We did have a great time!

Tench745

Master member
:ROFLMAO: ... a day or two. I've been obsessing for 40 days and 40 nights. Well... actually just since December 17th. :oops:

I fully understand @FlyingMonkey situation is far more important than monitoring the forum. What I'm having a little trouble with is why the poor guy is the only one. I think I watched a recent video where it said 40,000 new members had joined in the last MONTH. AND ONLY ONE GUY MONITORS THE FORUM!!??!! One armed wallpaper hangers have nothing on @FlyingMonkey. :ROFLMAO:
Based on the first post in this thread, it looks like there are at least 6 mods, but they are on even less often than FlyingMonkey.

Inq

Elite member
Based on the first post in this thread, it looks like there are at least 6 mods, but they are on even less often than FlyingMonkey.

Last Seen
- They do have a right to enjoy the forum without working on it. We know @FlyingMonkey knows how to eat an elephant... "One bite at a time!"

@Balu - July 2022
@fliteadmin - Past Friday
@FlyingMonkey - Yesterday
@SP0NZ - Today - He last approved his own resource on 12/14/22. :sneaky: Day 38 for mine.
@FT_Eddie - Yesterday
@Wes B. - August 2022

Some Other Ideas
  • Some forums have a "Dislike" along with the "Like" button. Maybe if a certain number of Dislike's are accumulated, a post/resource could be removed automatically. IOW - An automatic, forum self policing algorithm and save the precious admins for more important duties (or fun). Even if someone has made an enemy on the forum, it takes... say... 10 dislikes to be removed (or at least quarantined). Spammers wouldn't last 10 minutes if such a system was enacted.
  • Maybe resources could be automatically approved and let the forum Report them as necessary for removal.

RossFPV

Last Seen
- They do have a right to enjoy the forum without working on it. We know @FlyingMonkey knows how to eat an elephant... "One bite at a time!"

@Balu - July 2022
@fliteadmin - Past Friday
@FlyingMonkey - Yesterday
@SP0NZ - Today - He last approved his own resource on 12/14/22. :sneaky: Day 38 for mine.
@FT_Eddie - Yesterday
@Wes B. - August 2022

Some Other Ideas
  • Some forums have a "Dislike" along with the "Like" button. Maybe if a certain number of Dislike's are accumulated, a post/resource could be removed automatically. IOW - An automatic, forum self policing algorithm and save the precious admins for more important duties (or fun). Even if someone has made an enemy on the forum, it takes... say... 10 dislikes to be removed (or at least quarantined). Spammers wouldn't last 10 minutes if such a system was enacted.
  • Maybe resources could be automatically approved and let the forum Report them as necessary for removal.
I think the number of dislikes to remove should actually be a percentage because if a recourse is very popular, lets just say 50 likes, and 10 dislike, it would be removed. If it was a percentage it could be 80% but then if the first person to see the post dislikes it the post would be removed. Both sides have their advantages and disadvantages but a mix of both would probably be best.

Piotrsko

Master member
That and Captcha have been spoofed. Just saying. Btdtmo, but admin does kinda need to be human and humans kinda require a modest reward system for long term engagement. Even GPT4 isn't a match for people, yet. A smart person notices something fishy after a while.