Depron model nose cone

Clement

Hello guys. Please I see a lot of rc depron models of airliners with perfectly designed nose cones. I have seen some pictures of how the nose is constructed using thin strips of depron but my question is how are the lines created by joining the depron strips removed at the end of construction to create a very smooth surface . I tried this process but the nose of my airplane was not smooth at all and had a lot of creases created where the depron strips were joined. Please how do i remove these and create a smooth finish.

Also i also saw a video of a modeller applying a whitish subtance to smoothen out the nose section. Please what is this substance?

Thanks for your anticipated response guys.

Wingman04

Hello guys. Please I see a lot of rc depron models of airliners with perfectly designed nose cones. I have seen some pictures of how the nose is constructed using thin strips of depron but my question is how are the lines created by joining the depron strips removed at the end of construction to create a very smooth surface . I tried this process but the nose of my airplane was not smooth at all and had a lot of creases created where the depron strips were joined. Please how do i remove these and create a smooth finish.

Also i also saw a video of a modeller applying a whitish subtance to smoothen out the nose section. Please what is this substance?

Thanks for your anticipated response guys.
I'm not sure what 'substance' he used, probably some type of plaster or spackle. Some people I saw were very careful not to get hot glue on the outside, put their spackle or whatever on, sanded it, and finally covered like a balsa model. Hope that helps!