Desperate Help Needed please Guys!! KK2.1hc Flashing

BryceHerbert

Hi all

I recently upgraded my fc from a kk blackboard to a kk2.1hc and programmer, what i been struggling with is flashing, the old board first of all and now still nothing on the new board.

Steps i have followed.

installed usbasp drivers (it sees the hasp)
have the kk flashtool from lazyzero
working on windows 8.1pro and on a domain as well (not sure if that could be the problem)
have tried extreem avr burner as well with no luck

please let me know what other info you need.
below is the wiring layout to the kk 6 pin from the usbasp 10 pin (not sure if thats right either)
20160504_115137.jpg 20160504_115211.jpg
when i flash the board this is what it tells me

Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\bryce.herbert\Desktop\Bryce Buco Work Pc\Flash Tool\tmp\KK2V1_1V18S1Pro.hex

C:\Users\bryce.herbert\Desktop\Bryce Buco Work Pc\Flash Tool\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\bryce.herbert\Desktop\Bryce Buco Work Pc\Flash Tool\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m644p -P usb -c usbasp -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\bryce.herbert\Desktop\Bryce Buco Work Pc\Flash Tool\tmp\KK2V1_1V18S1Pro.hex:i

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: error: programm enable: target doesn't answer. 1
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during writing flash.
Your Speedy help would be greatly appreciated

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
First error code implies the clock signal sck can't be set . . . understandable that the second error is can't talk to the target -- can't clock in/out data, you can't talk.

Looking at your pinout, two possibilities:

- Not all grounds are created equally. many pinouts for the 10 pin connector show 5 ground signals on the connector . . . that's not quite true. there are two (the farthest two from the Vcc pin). the two next to the Vcc pin are actually a Tx and Rx line for an unclocked serial, and the ground you've connected to is frequently referred to as "NC" (not connected) or LED (possibly a drive line for an external LED). In any case, these three pins should not be trusted for ground. Use the pin just above the MISO pin (which your green wire is plugged into ATM)

- Orientation. Without the keyed connectors it's easy to flip the connector over. easy test for it: when you plug in the USBASP, is the kk2 powered? You don't need power from the battery (in fact I'd recommend disconnecting the M1 ESC while flashing). the USB port will provide enough. if the screen doesn't light up, either the USB port you've plugged in doesn't have power, or you've wired the two up backwards.