Dipole Antenna

J-Kill

Hello all again!

Quick question, The Circular Antenna on my tiny whoop is getting pretty banged up and bent(it lasted over 6 months) and i am pretty impressed with how strong it was.

It is getting to the point that it will need to be repaired, I was originally going to re-solder the tines that broke off on the circular antenna but have seen a few videos on the dipole antennas and am thinking that may be a better route.

Questions

1) Has anyone made the switch and was it an improvement in A) Durability and B) what is the video like?

2) the only dipole antennas i can find laying around look to be 2.4 GHZ, i'm using the Fat shark teleporter goggles which i believe are 5.8GHZ, will these work together or should i try to find a 5.8GHZ Dipole?

hope that made sense

Thanks again to everyone in advance!!!

J-Kill

Thanks again French!

Will some heat shrink be enough to reinforce? or something more substantial?

any ideas of things kicking around the house that may have one of these antennas? i've heard old routers, and some come with vtx sometimes i guess.

thanks again!

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
That's what I've started doing. Adding some heatshrink from the VTX "stem" over the bulge in the dipole.

You may also want to make sure the angle of the antenna coming off the VTX is such that it will reduce the stress on impact (not perpendicular to how the quad will crash)