DIY Camera Pod for Hyperion

Gryf

Hi, all.

As mentioned in another thread, I recently bought a Hyperion FPV camera/VTX from the FT Store, with the idea of setting it up in a swappable "pod" that I can use with various models. Meaning, the power is self-contained via a 220 mAh cell that I also use with an Inductrix FPV. Alternatively, it will be easy to mod this mounting to run the power to a receiver instead, and I'll probably mess with that later.

After improvising for a while this morning, I came up with the setup seen below. The camera is a nice press fit into the forward part of the pod, and when I stuff the battery through the pod crossways, it acts as a retainer to keep the camera in place. The pod also incorporates side panels for antenna protection.

As for mounting this to a model, I'll probably use adhesive Velcro; that, or poke a skewer through it and use a rubber band. I set it on my Arrow in the pic below, for scale.

Gryf

20170414_104755.jpg

20170414_104810.jpg

20170414_104858.jpg

20170414_105045.jpg

Last edited:

sconner

Looks good Gryf! I've been busy all day installing a storm door but managed to get my big batteries on the charger for tomorrow.