Help! Seeking advice for a camera-VTX combo

JozMk.II

Hi,

In 2013 I ordered a 1.3GHZ FPV starter package from ReadyMadeRC. Among the items included were a 400mw VTX, a 600XV NTSC camera, and a 900-1.3GHz RMRC video receiver. I am now building a new FPV plane, and was hoping for a recommendation for a camera-VTX combo that would be compatible with the receiver in my kit.

Preferences:
-Camera of equal or greater quality to my 600XV (and with a built-in OSD, too, if that’s an option)
-Video transmission range of at least 1 mile
-VTX has a heatsink, or is otherwise able to run continuously while enclosed within airframe
-Camera/VTX all-in-one unit if possible?

Again, am looking for recommendations. Any and all help is appreciated!

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

In 2013 I ordered a 1.3GHZ FPV starter package from ReadyMadeRC. Among the items included were a 400mw VTX, a 600XV NTSC camera, and a 900-1.3GHz RMRC video receiver. I am now building a new FPV plane, and was hoping for a recommendation for a camera-VTX combo that would be compatible with the receiver in my kit.

Preferences:
-Camera of equal or greater quality to my 600XV (and with a built-in OSD, too, if that’s an option)
-Video transmission range of at least 1 mile
-VTX has a heatsink, or is otherwise able to run continuously while enclosed within airframe
-Camera/VTX all-in-one unit if possible?

Again, am looking for recommendations. Any and all help is appreciated!
I'm no FPV expert but sounds like there is nothing wrong with you current setup, it should easily go 1 mile. Why not just upgrade the camera?

Here is a cheap stand alone osd setup. In the 2nd video he adds a GPS arrow that points the way home.