DIY Remzibi OSD Open Source

dflash

Hi guys.. I was wondering if you could review/install walkthrough of the DIY Remzibi OSD Open Source.
I have been looking into adding OSD to my FPV setup, but don't want to drain the bank (wife monitoring my vice)
Not familiar with quality, durability, ease of use and setup, and compatibility with Fatshark Predator V2/.
So .. lets do it!!!

SteevyT

It's not bad to use, I have one in my FPV ship right now. Seems to work fairly well, just make sure you are careful setting it up. Something happened that fried my first one, no clue what, but ReadyMadeRC (the company I bought it from) took care of it no questions asked. Second one set up fine without any issues. Just make sure you have a way to press the button on it to set home position. I kind of forgot to do that so now I have to stab a screw driver through a small hole I made in my wing just to hit it before I take off.

dflash

It's not bad to use, I have one in my FPV ship right now. Seems to work fairly well, just make sure you are careful setting it up. Something happened that fried my first one, no clue what, but ReadyMadeRC (the company I bought it from) took care of it no questions asked. Second one set up fine without any issues. Just make sure you have a way to press the button on it to set home position. I kind of forgot to do that so now I have to stab a screw driver through a small hole I made in my wing just to hit it before I take off.

Thanks Steevy.. But as I said above my request was more driected to the guys iN the show. All the youtube videos I have seen are either very old, or difficult to understand with lots of unnecessary complications. Not eveyone is good teaching or explaining a concept. Fortunate for us, we have the flitetest boys!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
I've personally been keen to see the ft folks cover/review more flight controllers and osds. They have mentioned plans to showcase apm/pixhawk - Josh seems to really like it and use it, and I think I spotted an iris box in a photo.

They've also mentioned ezosd, and even shown it in use.

I think am in depth tutorial is kind of hard to do because so much of it is software configuration. Just from seeing up apm, multiwii, and minimosd myself, made me realize the huge challenge to making an episode featuring these products educational, interesting and entertaining.

dflash

I've personally been keen to see the ft folks cover/review more flight controllers and osds. They have mentioned plans to showcase apm/pixhawk - Josh seems to really like it and use it, and I think I spotted an iris box in a photo.

They've also mentioned ezosd, and even shown it in use.

I think am in depth tutorial is kind of hard to do because so much of it is software configuration. Just from seeing up apm, multiwii, and minimosd myself, made me realize the huge challenge to making an episode featuring these products educational, interesting and entertaining.

I agree there are multiple options. But in the spirit of the show, frugal(cheap) hobbyist like me don't want to have to change my current controller board. I have a KK2 board, and need something that works independent of the controller to provide that info. That's why I was asking for Rembizi OSD install/review