Don't fly near your car

Dodger

On Tuesday this week i had a wonderful day. I got through 4 batteries with only busting 2 props on my quad and was managing through 9-12mph gusts, so good day for a newb. So today...was a little over zealous. Was practicing making circles around a tree. Just moving front back and lateral strafing. That was going kind of rough so my skills still suck but moved on to trying to make circles around my self while keeping the back end facing me.

This is about the time i lost a bit of control and went diving into the top of my vehicle. It was even making one of those obvious lines straight towards it, the kind in the movies were the main character is filmed saying "Oh nooooooooo...." in super slomo....Should have punched the throttle and i likely would have just missed it but oh well. vehicle is fine since i just missed the door window and the frame is jacked.

I really need to get a GoPro or something i can wear on my head so i can record this stuff while i'm practicing LOS. I also would like to blame like lack of reflexes on the cold i'm currently suffering. Totally the cold's fault.

Luckily i have one more set of arms.

Dodger

The one thing i probably do right is go to places without people around to practice. I know i'm still new and a tad reckless with my flying, just now i'm going to step a bit further out from my vehicle.

Yah, be careful. I saw a guy almost hurt a lady badly at my field with a home built quad. There's lots of metal and sharp edges from the looks of it.

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
that was a lesson I learned pretty early flying planes. I never damaged my car but I had some pretty bad landings trying to avoid it. I also had a friend smash his tri copter into my Expedition. It went right over my head and onto the roof. Fortunately it is a 2000 that has set in the sun most of its life so it was no big deal, i would rather he hit mine this his car or our other friends.