Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Pusher Scratchbuild

A while back I watched Nerdnic's DTFB design videos and was inspired to create a bird of my own. I created a small 30ish inch wingspan Cessna 210. It flew pretty well after some tweaks and I then wanted to build something more challenging. I decided to build a Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Pusher style. So I got to work in Google sketchup and figured out how all of my pieces would go together and created my first set of plans.
This thread will keep track of my progress with the build. I will try and update my progress as often as possible. Most of my pictures are sideways now after transferring them from my Phone. Sorry!
Plans.jpg
Plans Taped and cut
Bevels Cut.jpg
Bevels cut on the control surfaces.
Main Fuselage.jpg
This is the main spar I am attaching most of my pieces to. I may also run wires through it. This piece was to long to fit on one sheet of foamboard so I had to cut it and the tape/glue it together. (kind of like how you would attach to wing halves.)
Tail.jpg
Formers starting to go on
Tail+Bottom.jpg
More Formers.jpeg
image7.jpeg
image8.jpeg
Elevator.jpeg
Elevator attached
image10.jpeg
Wing attached and its starting to look like something
That is all of the progress I have made so far when I make some more headway I will post some more pics.

JamesWhom

Project Air on YouTube
wow looks awesome! I've been building a few pusher Jets myself recently so this is really cool to see. :)

I haven't posted any pics in a few days but I have attached my motor of choice and added leads for it. I also test flew it and at first it rolled to the left violently but after I trimmed that out it flew but it flew tail heavy and I ended up crashing it. However it shouldn't be a hard fix some glue/tape should do the job. After I tweak it some more I could make plans if there was enough interest.