Dual/Triple rates and Expo

Robert S

Yes. You will need two things: Configuration Tool Software and a USB cable.

Download the Configuration Tool onto a Windows PC, and then, plug in the board via a USB cable. Press "Connect" and then you will be off and running. Use Google to find either the FT videos, and/or, use the Aura Wiki to play with all of the settings. Be sure to save your configurations so that you can go back if you do something you don't like and can't remember how it was before you changed it. Also, if you use the same board in different planes, you may want to save and change out configurations for each airplane.

https://www.flexinnovations.com/aura-config-tool-install/

sly1231

Thank you. I have the config tool and the cable. I'll check it out. Any input on throttle hold. I am using OpenTX on a Horus X10. Would like to setup TH for safety.

Bricks

Master member
What exactly are you trying to do with TH ( throttle Hold )? If it is for safety loss of signal etc then you do not want throttle to hold you want to shut it down for safety versus possibly flying away.

sly1231

The main purpose of my wanting TH (throttle hold) is to keep the prop from spinning up while plugging in the battery and or checking travels etc before the flight. I normally take care of signal loss via 'fail safe' - throttle to the low slight rudder for a gentle turn.

randyrls

Randy
I am new to FT Aura. Is it possible to set up rates and expo on this beast? ThaNKS.

The short answer is "Yes". the longer answer is "Yes, but".....

You can setup the Dual Rates and Expo on EITHER the transmitter, OR the FT aura. NEVER DO ON BOTH! Preferred is always use the FT Aura to set dual rates and expo. Launch Assist may not work if the transmitter is either programmed for Dual Rates and Expo OR the transmitter has a lot of trim adjustment.

I'm experimenting with using Spektrum SRXL2 serial receiver and Spektrum DX8-G2 transmiter.

sly1231

The short answer is "Yes". the longer answer is "Yes, but".....

You can setup the Dual Rates and Expo on EITHER the transmitter, OR the FT aura. NEVER DO ON BOTH! Preferred is always use the FT Aura to set dual rates and expo. Launch Assist may not work if the transmitter is either programmed for Dual Rates and Expo OR the transmitter has a lot of trim adjustment.

I'm experimenting with using Spektrum SRXL2 serial receiver and Spektrum DX8-G2 transmiter.
Thanks. I plan to set up dual rates and expo after my maiden. Will do it on the FT Aura. I am using Open TX.

Bricks

Master member
The main purpose of my wanting TH (throttle hold) is to keep the prop from spinning up while plugging in the battery and or checking travels etc before the flight. I normally take care of signal loss via 'fail safe' - throttle to the low slight rudder for a gentle turn.

So what you really want is a throttle cut ( throttle hold is usually helicopters ). Normally you set this up on a switch on your transmitter every plane I own has this and always set up on the same switch with voice alerts.