Electric fixed wing guy up in Ottawa

Electric Mike

Hey everyone,

I am two years into flying RC planes. I concentrate on fixed wing, and I have developed an interest in scale planes and flight.

I've been watching Flite Test since before I purchased my trainer--actually it was a Flite Test review of the Eflite Apprentice that convinced me to get one for myself!

I have been interested in flight for my whole life, and when I was a teenager I actually had a used nitro powered balsa Cub trainer. I never did fly that thing because I was living in a smaller town and didn't know anyone who flew RC. My maiden was a pretty epic crash and it took me twenty years to realize, I could get back on the horse and try again! I maidened my Apprentice with a friend who had also never flown RC before.. and happy to say I managed to take off, circle around and land (all in Beginner mode of course). Since that first success I have not stopped and now I do not rely on the SAFE technology to get me through my flights.

I have a few guys I fly with now and we share knowledge, tools, and flying experiences. Happy to say that I am here to stay, as many others I am hooked!

I am thinking about getting into the Flite Test builds soon while I ready my small fleet for Spring.

Hope to learn a lot on this forum and share what I can.

Thanks to Flite Test for hosting this site, and for the great and entertaining videos on Youtube. Everyone up here has heard of you guys and I know lots of people building your planes and flying them weekly.

Mike

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Mike check out the GreatHobbies Store at the Train Yards for FT kits.

Andre from Ottawa.

Hooray! Another person in Ottawa.

Yeah we're pretty lucky to have flitetest gear and kits available locally. Sure beats trying to order across the boarder.

Last edited:

Electric Mike

Thanks Andre yes I've seen the display

Ethan what and where do you fly? I'm out in kanata, flying electric park fliers mostly

(Don't tell anyone I haven't even flown a plane yet, only a large toy quad. I'm such a fraud :p)

I have a scratch built ft-22 which I plan on painting soon, my first FT-22 was a lawn dart and didn't fly. Now I'm kind of stuck since my TX broke and I can't find a replacement part. (http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...S-i6-Gimbal-Spring&highlight=flysky+i6+spring) I'm going to get good at flying first in an open field and then fly with other people, probably first at Millennium Park but I won't just go there of course. I'm either near Westboro Village in the West End or out in Orleans but I also have realatives in Kanata so I'm out there a bunch too.