electrohub quad problem

cory045

so i recently completed my electro hub quadcopter and i have run into a problem. It just wouldn't fly right no matter how much i trimmed it it would just fly off erratically. I hooked it up to the multiwii gui and looked at the rpms while i spun it up. what i found was that two of the motors would barely spin up at full throttle, and not at all at lower throttle input. it is supposed to be pre flashed when i got it. I know that doesnt mean it will be %100 ready to go but i would think it would be close. my question is what do you guys think it wrong. i personally think i may have gotten a couple bad motors or maybe esc. what do you guys think? any and all help is appreciated.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Did you calibrate the esc's? My guess is that's the culprit. If you did it manually one esc at a time, that could also be the problem. It's the flight controller that determines the throttle range. I'm assuming you're using a flip1.5, so if you go to rtfquads wiki page, you'll find detailed information on calibrating the esc's along with the software you'll have to install on your computer to do this.

cory045

any chance you could send me a link for that. i went to the electronics page and all it had to say about the esc's is this "ESCs: Preflashed and ready to go, may need to calibrate as per your your radio (set for spektrum users). You can purchase a calibration cable here. The 20a ESCs are highly recommended and will have plenty of headroom for the current draw. If you really want to play it safe, you can purchase the 30a ESCs but they are really not necessary." it does say they may need calibrated but it does not say how to do this.

cory045

i figured it out. looks like i soldered the motors in backward so it was trying to self correct in the wrong direction. flies great now. i wont be making that mistake again.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
@cory045 Wanna bet? I have numbered all my motor wires on my current build with a label maker to make sure I connect them with the right outputs and still got them wrong twice... :-D