Experimental Engine proto type materials request

mesolost

I have an idea for a nice EDF powered jet engine with after burner. Like 2 full stages, not just a flame holder. Have a peek at my mad scratch builders idea thread for an ever expanding repository of all the theory and development notes thus far.

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...ept-Will-it-work&p=189311&posted=1#post189311

Meanwhile I am willing to pay for shipping and tip if need be, especially if you have and of the *items and more so in pairs.

**EDF - impellors, tunnel/motor mount, matched or complete assemblies singles or pairs
*Speed controllers - brushed or brushless, buggy or in need of repairs, all welcome (**working)
battery plugs (JST) servo leads, bad/buggy servos(if they have the wire still), servo horns
spare wires 1.5 inches or longer silicon, dead motors for scrap wire, any other battery plugs
or any other worn or damaged electrical or mechanical part's you may have sitting around in spades.

Get in on this now and I'll share all the back stage development and the evolution of the design. I have myself as a former NAVY Navigation Electronics Technician with programming background, my dad as a former Air Force jet mechanic, and my friend that specializes in programming and circuit board design on board for the project so far. I can do this slowly by myself but you never know if you don't ask and what's the worst you can do? Pass off on donating some trash you can write off as charity? ^_^ Help me build it faster please.

mesolost

Oh yeah! Donate materials for the proto type and if/when we do the kickstarter campaign get special mention in the proto type development team on credits and all plans sent out. =D

what size ESCs do you need? connector preference? I got 2 bad servos and a potentiometer for one, will anything like that help?

mesolost

ESC's I'd say 15-20A and up I guess. I'm not gonna need the psyco 40A ones till I actually build the full jet. The servos, twitchy is ok. If they won't work for what I need em for I at least need the wire that hooks to the receiver so I can have em for the EFC->Receiver connections. I have a brushed DC motor I can begin with I guess. It's on like a dollar store fixed pitch heli flybar thingie but I wanted to save that so I can use that giant fan as the forced inlet air when bench testing. I plan on going as far as having the engine test tray mobile and tugging on a fish scale so I can see what kinda extra boost I'm getting. ^_^

The overall intent of this endeavor is to 2- make a jet that commands your attention whenever it flies and 1- the primary task is the engine for several reasons.
I want to make an engine that:
Is relatively cheap and easy to make with moderate build skills
Runs cool enough to be mounted in a foam aircraft or even held in the hand when fireing
Runs on house developed easy to use, open source, program for RC engine system management
Looks and sounds completely bad @$$ ^_^

If I get this thing easy enough to build and fail safe enough then we'll do a kick starter. But I'm talkin that ME, the guy that can crash a pc just by looking at it, has to feel safe enough to hand this engine to a child and say, "Hold on tight!" and fire it off and KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wont fire off unless ALL the safety conditions are met. I understand accidents do happen but I'm gonna program every safety I can think of and test them all so short of a catastrophic failure or complete system bypass there's no chance this thing will, with some common sense from the operator as well, ever knowingly put a person in harms way.

EDIT: Connectors? who cares ^_^ I can re-solder on my own power lines. Those I figured I'd just end up getting bits cut off batteries or jus whatever happen to be attached cuz you were too lazy to desolder it. ^_^

Last edited: