Help! F14 TOMCAT

Prowla

my favorite jet since watching top gun has always been the f14 tomcat . has any one tryed to foam model it for swapables yet? i'd love to make one with servos to make the wings fold!

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh if you think F 14's were cool on film you should have been on the flight deck in the eastern med during flight ops when they were launching and recovering them as well as other planes like the A6E and the A7's back in the 80's. They have since been one of my all time favorite aircraft too. Nothing like hearing one going to full after burner up against the jet blast deflectors then feeling the whole carrier shake under your feet when the catapult was released to throw them in the air. That was a whole different meaning to "Magic hour" at sunrise and sun sets on the water launching real planes.

I can't wait to see the one Wilmracer is working on get finished and in the air. I am kind of hoping he will go with the "Jolly Rogers" theme on it as they were my favorite squadron attached to Nimitz when I was on board. Maybe we can even talk Ben into re purposing some of them EDf's from the XB 70 in a full function F 14 build.

Prowla

Oh if you think F 14's were cool on film you should have been on the flight deck in the eastern med during flight ops when they were launching and recovering them as well as other planes like the A6E and the A7's back in the 80's. They have since been one of my all time favorite aircraft too. Nothing like hearing one going to full after burner up against the jet blast deflectors then feeling the whole carrier shake under your feet when the catapult was released to throw them in the air. That was a whole different meaning to "Magic hour" at sunrise and sun sets on the water launching real planes.

I can't wait to see the one Wilmracer is working on get finished and in the air. I am kind of hoping he will go with the "Jolly Rogers" theme on it as they were my favorite squadron attached to Nimitz when I was on board. Maybe we can even talk Ben into re purposing some of them EDf's from the XB 70 in a full function F 14 build.

I AM SO JELLY!! i spent some time in my local 512 air cadet squadron when i was in highschool and i had a pilot take me up in his personal cessna 177 and let me take the sticks for a while. since then my head has been in the clouds haha.

Prowla

hahah so i'm just hear reading through the links you guys sent and all i can think is "if i make this aircraft some day i need a on board sound system screaming out danger zone ahahha." thanks guys. i cant wait to keep building. my current build is almost done just need paint and electrics. i think i may build a few mini war birds next. but deff going to be building my skills towards this. DANGER ZONE!!!!!! hahaha Prowla out.

Prowla

omg there are so many things on this site ! so many ideas. i can't wait to start planing. picked up paint for my cub today :D