E-FLite F14 Tomcat Taileron issue

Captain Video

Hi Fellow Flite Test Family. I have aquired an E-Flite Flite F14 Tomcat at an auction recently. It is in the original box. Brand new condition. I am embarrased to mention how cheap it was. I have an issue with the left Taileron. When it is bound to the DX6e, the front of the right taileron points downward and the linear servos has moved to the end of its throw, The left one remains nuetral and will behave normally to stick input. The problem travels if I swap left and right ports on the receiver/flight controller.
I have a replacement servo which arrived over the weekend. I plan to plug the replacement in to see if there is still a problem. Additionally, will a DX6 second gen have enough channels to fly this bird? I tried to set it up last night but the instructions don't match what is on the DX6 G2. I have a Radio Master TX16 which still has Open TX on it. How difficult will it be to set it up on the TX16?
Has anyone else have this issue? If so, what was your solution.
Thanks for your suggestion.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
So how many servos and motors does it have. My initial reaction would be 6 channels should be enough.

I could help you withe Radiomaster config at Edgewater this weekend.

I am selling my DX8 to a new guy at the field or I would offer it up for another option.

telnar1236

Elite member
Hi Fellow Flite Test Family. I have aquired an E-Flite Flite F14 Tomcat at an auction recently. It is in the original box. Brand new condition. I am embarrased to mention how cheap it was. I have an issue with the left Taileron. When it is bound to the DX6e, the front of the right taileron points downward and the linear servos has moved to the end of its throw, The left one remains nuetral and will behave normally to stick input. The problem travels if I swap left and right ports on the receiver/flight controller.
I have a replacement servo which arrived over the weekend. I plan to plug the replacement in to see if there is still a problem. Additionally, will a DX6 second gen have enough channels to fly this bird? I tried to set it up last night but the instructions don't match what is on the DX6 G2. I have a Radio Master TX16 which still has Open TX on it. How difficult will it be to set it up on the TX16?
Has anyone else have this issue? If so, what was your solution.
Thanks for your suggestion.
Most likely sounds like a bad servo. If you have SAFE, make sure the plane is upright as SAFE initializes or it might make the servo deflect funny too.