F6F Hellcat

planebreaker2000

Just got the hellcat done. Well, maybe some decals or something along those line would be nice.

hellcat 2.jpg hellcat 3.jpg hellcat1.jpg

When the wind stops blowing here I will try to maiden it.

mactek

That looks really nice. I need to make a canopy for mine. Also can you post a couple of closeup pics of your front landing gear.

planebreaker2000

It is the same as the FT mustang with a 2x3x1/8 ply inside the wing, and cut a groove to match the bent wire and fill with hot glue. I do attach a piece of foam with an angle to help stabilize the springiness of the music wire( I have a rocky runway) with a bbq skewer on the back like the FT bushwacker. hellcat 4.jpg hellcat 5.jpg hellcat 6.jpg hellcat 7.jpg

mactek

I am going to print some new landing gear mounts tonight. I would like to fly mine on Saturday also. I got a sweet deal on a couple of EDF's so i am in the process of building a Viggen right now.

planebreaker2000

I finally got a break in the weather and took the hellcat up. It is a good flying design. the asymmetrical airfoil seems to work well, and the handling was good. I have a 14x7 prop on it and the motor came down pretty warm, I guess I will try a 13x8 next and see how it goes. I did wind up at 56 oz total weight with battery, but the plane flies really light.

Last edited:

mactek

Yeah i am hopefully going to get mine back in the air this weekend. I finally got some clear plastic to make the canopy and i also printed out redesigned landing gear mounts.