FB Baby Porter build

hotwax

Hi all,

I was checking the possebility of a Pilatus PC-6 Turboporter, but found it boring. As I was scribbeling around, I made this drawing:

Baby Porter 2.jpg

This was better.

You can follow the build process in pictures here: FB Baby Porter build

CU

hotwax

Gettin' closer

109_2726.JPG

Wingspan is 1070 mm (43 inch) fuselage length is 805 mm (32 inch).
I made only a minimum decoration for now.

Final steps are installing Rx and battery. Then I will see what happens in the air.

Last edited:

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Gettin' closer

View attachment 204398

Wingspan is 1070 mm (43 inch) fuselage length is 805 mm (32 inch).
I made only a minimum decoration for now.

Final steps are installing Rx and battery. Then I will see what happens in the air.
Hey, that looks great! I think that the more cartoony airplanes are just perfect for foam board. I too built one but mines a little bigger and not as clean as your build.
Btw the camera makes it look better than it is.
IMG_20210422_194035306~2.jpg

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
This is an awesome plane, followed from the start, how come we haven't seen more of this?
Just lost interest in fb planes, I'd rather fly my nice balsa aerobats at the moment so all of my fb planes except for my ft edge have been put in storage to make room for my new balsa edge 540. I'll eventually get it back out though.

hotwax

I compared the plans of FB Baby Porter with the FT Bushwacker and found the elevator 20 % smaller. It might have worked, but to be sure, I enlarged elevator and rudder. I think, it looks even more cartoonish now.
109_2737.JPG
You can follow the build process in pictures here: FB Baby Porter build

hotwax

FB Baby Porter flys!

20210811_175127.jpg

It needs only small modification: less aileron, more rudder, perhaps less elevator. CG is okay, maybe a little bit forward. I used a 2200 mAh battery and 2832 motor.

FB Bede 4 was also up. Trimm is okay now, but it hangs the tail going round. I will use aileron differential ....

Drawings will be up soon.