First time getting into the hobby :)

PeterWhippy

Hello everyone! So I've been deciding whether or not to get into the FPV hobby (leaning towards the multi-rotor side). i first got interested when i did a photo shoot for a family of race/freestyle pilots. a year later (this past month) i decided to dive in and buy an Inductrix FPV + RTF (something small, learning to fly indoors and not as expensive). Loving it but I want to know, what radio should i go for? The Taranis x9d or the Spektrum 6? i see different people fly different things. I've only had the Inductrix for a week but i see myself building and flying. i also wanna branch out to planes and more things in the future.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Welcome to the forums. Post pics and vids as often as possible.

You can't go wrong with either of those radios. Most of the BNF quads come with either protocol selectable. Both have cheap receiver options available for custom builds or PNF.

I like my Taranis. I do not own a Spektrum.

If you go Spektrum, there will be a broad selection of BNF fixed wing as well.

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
IMHO, if you’re going to be using the radio for more, larger models, get the FrSky. You should probably check out the QX7 or QX7S.

If you’re sticking with the inductrix and other smaller bind-and-fly (BNF) models, Spektrum is probably the way to go. FrSky will not bind to your inductrix. And the FrSky full range receivers generally have a better range (but doe may debate that)