Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spitfire222

Not a skater
1. Flite Fest 2016 already happened.

2. It's located where it is because it's near where the hosts call home, and the Flite Test headquarters.

3. I don't understand the people saying that an entire event should be moved to a place that is convenient to them, and nevermind the convenience of the people actually organizing and working incredibly hard to pull off the event. Entitled much?

"I think FliteFest should be in *location where suggestor lives* because "insert fake, unimportant reasons that conveniently ignore that the place suggested is just close to where the suggestor lives*. :p

People came to FliteFest 2016 from other continents. Where there's a will, there's a way.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is it people are asking to move Flite Fest or maybe miss wording what they say when asking for like a "West coast" or "Northeast" secondary festival of flite to spread it around so more people who may not be able to travel as far can experience the event too? I know some do ask to move it close but many are just asking for a "traveling" version of Flite fest as well as the official one in Ohio.

Spitfire222

Not a skater
Is it people are asking to move Flite Fest or maybe miss wording what they say when asking for like a "West coast" or "Northeast" secondary festival of flite to spread it around so more people who may not be able to travel as far can experience the event too? I know some do ask to move it close but many are just asking for a "traveling" version of Flite fest as well as the official one in Ohio.

I don't mind the idea of a Flite Fest "lite" in a different region to make it accessible to more people. However, then there likely would be much complaining that it wasn't as big or as well-attended by the FT crew as the "original" Flite Fest, or something like that, not realizing how much more challenging the logistics would be...

I meant 2017, but whatever.... I bet you would also say come to where you are located.

Not really. I took PTO from work and drove several hours to get to Flite Fest. If it were further away, I'd fly there if I really wanted to go, just like the many people I referred to in my first post that flew across oceans to attend. :)

kevparang

Yes, I would like to come to flight fest but some people cant pay about $100 per person to come from SoCal. Yes I get people come from all over the Earth, but I can not and some people to. Whatever, if they cannot come, I get it, I wont come either. Just saying, frequently we all have life to deal with. I am just making a suggestion, it does not mean it will happen.

AndyP57

I came over to FF2016 from the UK and I hear they may be putting on a Flite Fest in Germany which is MUCH closer. I would still rather come to Furey Field because that's where Flite Fest LIVES and as far as I believe, the atmosphere just couldn't be replicated anywhere else.

Crazy Goats

I took PTO from work and drove several hours to get to Flite Fest.

totally unrelated to this thread but, when I saw your post I though you took a power takeoff from work to drive to FTFF:p and then I looked up the abbreviation because that didnt make any sense.:D

hackofalltrades

Rocket Surgeon
Just my opinion:

I am an avid black powder shooter. There is the biggest black powder shoot in the country and likely the world, in Friendship, IN. I am in California, so I haven't made the trek out there, though it really is an experience. I have friends who have been though. They had a long drive though. We also have smaller shoots locally that folks nearby or just out of state come to. It is not the Friendship shoot though, not anywhere near. But the Friendship shoot doesn't move.

So, Flite Fest is the same way, it IS the big deal, but it doesn't move around. I wouldn't mind to have "chapter fly ins" though. There could be a SoCal one, NorCal one, PNW, Southwest, Midwest, Northeast, Southeast etc... But the big FF needs to stay in OH, where its roots belong.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't mind the idea of a Flite Fest "lite" in a different region to make it accessible to more people. However, then there likely would be much complaining that it wasn't as big or as well-attended by the FT crew as the "original" Flite Fest, or something like that, not realizing how much more challenging the logistics would be...

This is the age of "social media" which is the most unsocial thing ever formed. There are always whiny millennial's or the standard internet kiddiot that thinks the world talks and acts like a pvp video game chat 24/7 we cant do anything about that. Some one will always complain if not with a real issue then just because they can with no repercussions.

A traveling version of Flite Fest is VERY doable and can be just as big or bigger depending on where it happens. All the vendors traveled to get there and would easily make it to where ever the road bound version of Flite Fest would go. Its in their best interest to promote themselves and its not like they wont make money there. Would the spirit of the original Flite Fest be there each time.. more then likely yes as its the community that makes it what it is and the Flite Test community is after all world wide. As for the Flite Test crew well that would be hard on them and realistically they couldn't get to every show with family responsibilities, business management and all that comes with the whole thing.

To say it wouldn't be the same is just a personal opinion and that's cool but for others that can not make the trip to Ohio a traveling Flite Fest would bring just as much joy to them as the original does to all who could or did make it.

AndyP57

No, What I have said is that despite their plans to do a FF in Germany, I would still prefer to go to Ohio. I really don't think a European FF could be as good as their home base

Austin

I would love to go to a flite fest and agree that it should be where they started. A traveling Flite fest would be kinda awesome tho. lmao thinking about the crew traveling like a rock band:)

Kevparang I'm not sure if there is any events or groups that get together for just flite test around SOCAL but we should start something up. i would be totally down to do a day every week of building and crashing:)

I'm very disappointed to see the poll results; perhaps some people didn't get the question? The idea, from what I understand, is to have a separate event called "Flite Fest West" somewhere in the west coast area. It won't replace the current annual Flite Fest. The Flite Test crew is already planning to come to Southern California for the AMA Expo 2017, so why not create an event? Perhaps not as big as the regular Flite Fest, not as long, not as many people; but for those of us who don't have the time or can't afford to fly to Ohio for Flite Fest East, it's better than nothing.