FliteFest 2015 Recap

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I was going to edit it out but chose not to because it was a reality that at any moment you'd make an announcement. Or two. Sometimes back to back.

:cool:

Yeah, I'd "drop the mic" then someone would run up and ask me to say something else.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Getting the opportunity to meet and hang out with nerdnic was one of the highlights of FF'15 for me. Even though it was the first time we actually met face-to-face, to me it felt like we were long-time friends who hadn't seen each other in a while. We just started talking and hanging out without any need for introductions. Getting to fly some streamer combat together was an added bonus. In additional to being a speed freak, Nic is a formidable dogfighter as well!

really jealous of you guys :) .

It seems despite the poor weather on one day, you all had an amazing time. I do belive this is whats missing from the UK.

We are too up tight with our rules, and boundaries. If you dont ho,d a piece of paper, your not allowed to fly etc etc. but it seems that at FliteFest, although there are rules, its a little more relaxed, and for those like myself, whom just want to build fun memories :)

really wish i could have been there, loving the footage and vids. really wish we had something similar :(.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I had an awesome week thanks to all you guys that came out to FTFF2015! Never would have though that so much of the community would turn up. Special thanks to Josh and Josh for the kind words!

Knight Owl

really jealous of you guys :) .

It seems despite the poor weather on one day, you all had an amazing time. I do belive this is whats missing from the UK.

We are too up tight with our rules, and boundaries. If you dont ho,d a piece of paper, your not allowed to fly etc etc. but it seems that at FliteFest, although there are rules, its a little more relaxed, and for those like myself, whom just want to build fun memories :)

really wish i could have been there, loving the footage and vids. really wish we had something similar :(.

Your suspicion is correct. For such a big event, it is about as casual as possible. Some may say it even borders on chaotic at times. But that's part of what makes it so great. And I hope it never loses that friendly grassroots feeling, like hanging out with a BUNCH of friends. I hope you can make it to the festival someday, since you evidently share the spirit that makes Flite Fest something truly special.