"FLY" the plane !!!

edfjockey

Been flying for almost 30 years now and have started to try electrics. Bought a couple of nice planes from the local stores and have been flying them for about 5 years now with only minor damage to the nose of an edf F-18 Hornet. The other is a T-33 shooting star and I have agreat time with them. Then I saw Josh Bixler on youtube and found his Foamboard free plans......... LOL, looked over them all then I decided on the FT-22 but modified for a 70MM edf. Looked amazing when it was done and flew like a dream right from the the first hand launch. Then the nieces and nefews came over and when they saw it next to the store bought Hornet that is painted in tiger squad garb, they said said does that thing even fly?
photo 1.JPG
So I'm buzzing around the sky and I said this plane flies smoother and easier than any of the store bought planes, SEE! and thats when I took my fingers off the sticks to show them just how nice it flies and tracks through the sky........ What they saw was how nice it flies straight and smooth into a guy wire for my ham radio antenna then drops 35 feet in a heap.
photo 2.JPG
So I repeat "FLY THE PLANE!!!":cool:

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
They got quite a show for a couple dollars of foam. Hope the electronics survived.

edfjockey

Almost everything.

They got quite a show for a couple dollars of foam. Hope the electronics survived.

Most of the electronics are ok, battery was toast though nearly cut in half but only smoked a little before its salt water bath. lol

RAM

Posted a thousand or more times
A crash and smoke, that is real entertainment. Too bad about the battery.

tjmartin

That's to bad :( At least that plane is easy enough to build again. Not like the older balsa's where you spent a year building. I had a great flying Bloody Wonder I was flying at my camp. All was going well until the ESC over heated and shut the thrust off. I was just high enough to glide it perfectly into the pond. LOL. Servo's and motor survived, everything else was toast.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
Fingers on the sticks or not, you're going into the ground when you hit a guy wire. I once flew into a kite string. Same thing. Plane tracked straight into the ground.