FlySky FS-T6 power connection issue - Check yours!

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I was out flying today in the middle of my first battery my plane cut out and started a slow spiral downward. This has happened before and I figured it was a brown out and waited for connection to be restored. My plane kept falling and I started to realize this wasn't a brown out but that I had fully lost control of my plane.

There was pretty strong wind and it grabbed my plane and angled it toward the rest of the pilots standing on the field with me. It ended up hitting one of the heli guys in the leg as it came crashing down. It wasn't a hard hit and no one was hurt except my ego.

I looked at my radio and there was no power. I toggled the on off and there was no change. Super bummed, I packed all my gear and went home. Looking at my radio I realized what the problem was. The negative battery wire had broken off! The first battery seems to put pressure on the wire near the solder joint and overtime it broke the wire.

IMG_0928.JPG

I'm going to re solder it and it should be back to normal but if anyone else owns a FS-T6 please check your battery area to make sure the wires aren't damaged or being hit by one of your batteries. The radio performed fine right up to the point where it stopped working so I had no idea anything was wrong.

I was lucky and my plane 'crashed' in a very non destructive manner but it could have been so much worse. Check your equipment and fly safe!

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I actually opened the radio because I needed to adjust the throttle stick (I wasn't getting full travel on mine). The wire broke at the same place yours did, so I had to re-solder it.