flysky with guardian?

levigabel

Hey, just wondering if my flysky fs i6x would work in any way with the guardian gremlin, i want to get the guardian, but i dont want to have to buy a whole new radio to go with it.

Foamforce

Looks that way. On the page it says it takes any receiver that supports any of these protocols…
  • Receiver Compatibility: SBUS / IBUS / DSM2 / DSMX / TBS / ELRS
You can get FlySky receivers that support both SBus and IBus. The normal one (FS-IA6B) supports both, although it’s kind of heavy for a drone. It looks like the most ideal would be the FS-X8B which is pretty light and supports RSSI.

PS, if you’re looking at FlySky Receivers, the FS-I6x supports AFHDS 2, but not 3, so avoid those.

levigabel

Looks that way. On the page it says it takes any receiver that supports any of these protocols…
  • Receiver Compatibility: SBUS / IBUS / DSM2 / DSMX / TBS / ELRS
You can get FlySky receivers that support both SBus and IBus. The normal one (FS-IA6B) supports both, although it’s kind of heavy for a drone. It looks like the most ideal would be the FS-X8B which is pretty light and supports RSSI.

PS, if you’re looking at FlySky Receivers, the FS-I6x supports AFHDS 2, but not 3, so avoid those.
thanks so much for the info!

levigabel

i am also considering the radiomaster pocket transmitter because in the "binding pocket transmitter to ft tiny whoop" video, josh says that the transmitter is preprogramed to work with the guardian, which i assume means i wouldnt have to do anything in betaflight,(which sounds really nice) also i just think the pocket radio looks like a pretty good option.