FlySky FS-TH9X Options

KenJ

I've been away from my RC gear for a few years now, but recently decided to use my FS-TH9X transmitter/receivers for another project. They seem to work fine, but it appears that the radio technology has advanced since I bought my setup. My transmitter module is a FS RM002 AFNDS. The receivers are HK-GT2Rs. It looks like there are now radios that use AFNDS 2 and those are incompatible with plain AFNDS.

I see I can buy a FS RM003 transmitter module which is supposedly AFNDS 2 from a supplier in China for not a lot of money, but should I? Are there any benefits to upgrading? Or should I just buy a new transmitter/receiver set?

Thx

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I've had great results with the 4 in 1 module from banggood in my 9x pro

KenJ

Thank you... I don't have a huge investment in receivers, but if I can't find any regular AFNDS ones in the future, that's a good option.

leaded50

Legendary member
I've been away from my RC gear for a few years now, but recently decided to use my FS-TH9X transmitter/receivers for another project. They seem to work fine, but it appears that the radio technology has advanced since I bought my setup. My transmitter module is a FS RM002 AFNDS. The receivers are HK-GT2Rs. It looks like there are now radios that use AFNDS 2 and those are incompatible with plain AFNDS.

I see I can buy a FS RM003 transmitter module which is supposedly AFNDS 2 from a supplier in China for not a lot of money, but should I? Are there any benefits to upgrading? Or should I just buy a new transmitter/receiver set?

Thx
some are still compatible, others not. Check if your TX are. And to the FS-TH9X you can get a sendermodule from eg. Aliexpress/banggood who is compatible with AFHDS 2A, the newer version