FT 25amp ESC Throttle Calibration?

zuult

The gate keeper of Gozer.
Hey folks I have the FT 25amp ESC and I have a huge dead band in my TX throttle stick. I am using a Frysky X18S running Ethos. I have already tried the throttle stick high at TX power on move to bottom position waiting for beeps to calibrate. I only get a single beep at either stick position when attempting this and the esc is not calibrating? If you have run into this issue let me know if you found a fix. I cannot find a single document to support this esc either.

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Don't know if it was a typo but it should be throttle high at RX power on to calibrate. Always best to do it without prop just in case.

Foamforce

Hey folks I have the FT 25amp ESC and I have a huge dead band in my TX throttle stick. I am using a Frysky X18S running Ethos. I have already tried the throttle stick high at TX power on move to bottom position waiting for beeps to calibrate. I only get a single beep at either stick position when attempting this and the esc is not calibrating? If you have run into this issue let me know if you found a fix. I cannot find a single document to support this esc either.

You could try calibrating it with a servo tester first, just to see if it works as expected. If it does, then it means the issue is in either the receiver or transmitter. It could be that you have a throttle limit programmed in your transmitter or something so that the ESC doesn’t recognize that you’re trying to calibrate it. Best guess.

zuult

The gate keeper of Gozer.
Problem solved somehow the TX stick calibration was so bad it never saw throttle high to trigger the esc calibration. Quick TX stick calibration and everything worked as it should.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...If you have run into this issue let me know if you found a fix...
Make sure you have bound the Tx to the Rx. If you have then you can calibrate the ESC.

Here are the steps to calibrate an ESC, you must follow them in order.
Start with everything off, then power on the Tx and move the throttle to high.
Power on the Rx and wait for a beep.
Move the throttle to low and wait for a beep.
Power off the Rx, power off the Tx.

If this doesn’t work, try reversing the throttle channel and repeat.
Sometimes the throttle channel gets reversed in the Tx.

So I’ve got the same problem with the same esc using a new boxer radio tx. I did my best to follow the instructions above and in the video from FT… but I get no throttle response until I’m at least at -74 on the stick. I’m bound to a Radiomaster R88 receiver and my setup sings a song and doesn’t do anything if I don’t go from 100 to -100 as soon as I plug in my battery, as fast as I can!

ED17C37A-C7B1-4BBA-AD11-C37ACB674189.jpeg

I also get 3 beeps going up the musical scale when the battery makes a connection… so all you who say wait for two beeps are using something very different that they sent me in my power pack A.
D3A955D8-261A-4C99-990F-656156E8FA3F.jpeg

Attachments

• 71B35174-69E6-4D4F-A96F-333A7C1F1525.jpeg
    71B35174-69E6-4D4F-A96F-333A7C1F1525.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0