Help! Ft Explorer Reinforcment and Servos

kdobson83

So, if needed, should I just cut the paint stick to not reach the servo holes? Also, does hot glue not work as a glue instead?
The paint stick shouldn't be long enough to have to cut. But yes, if you have a super long stick that does reach the servo holes, feel free to cut the stick short. You don't even have to use a paint stirring stick. You could use a wood ruler. Anything strong, and light and small. And just glue it in. I just hot glue the stirring stick right inside of box spars. In some cases you can remove a portion of a foam spar and replace it with the stirring stick. All your trying to do is strengthen up that middle section of the wing.

Think of it like this, take a teeter totter. If you push down on the end of the teeter totter, which part flexes? The middle right? The force on the middle is amplified the farther out you go. So, the longer your wing, the stronger the middle part of the wing needs to be. I personally think 12-18 inches of arrow shaft or Pai t stick in the middle of the wing would be fine. Just glue it down to the spar with hot glue.

Om0r A.

The paint stick shouldn't be long enough to have to cut. But yes, if you have a super long stick that does reach the servo holes, feel free to cut the stick short. You don't even have to use a paint stirring stick. You could use a wood ruler. Anything strong, and light and small. And just glue it in. I just hot glue the stirring stick right inside of box spars. In some cases you can remove a portion of a foam spar and replace it with the stirring stick. All your trying to do is strengthen up that middle section of the wing.

Think of it like this, take a teeter totter. If you push down on the end of the teeter totter, which part flexes? The middle right? The force on the middle is amplified the farther out you go. So, the longer your wing, the stronger the middle part of the wing needs to be. I personally think 12-18 inches of arrow shaft or Pai t stick in the middle of the wing would be fine. Just glue it down to the spar with hot glue.
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.