FT Flyer Plans: How FliteTest Could Make it Easier

Do the FT Flyer Plans Need Measurements?

• Total voters

lucasgg

Hey guys, I just recently downloaded the plans for the Flyer, and I noticed that there were no measurements for each of the parts, I only got a scale ruler. The scale ruler's great, but the plans are there for a reason, and it would be nice to have everything measured out. I understand that this is a basic build and the measurements don't have to be super exact, but being sure of every thing would be wonderful. Please, could FliteTest make it easier by including measurements for all the pieces in the prints? If anyone could hand over even a few measurements, that would be great. If this is too much trouble for FliteTest and forum members, that is fine just please consider my points. Thank you for all your troubles dealing with me...:)

Happy flying, Lucas

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Welcome to the forums, Lucas! I see what you mean but in all honesty, once you get the scale close with the ruler, the rest is already to scale. I guess a few major dimensions wouldn't hurt as a double check, but overall, I think detailed dimensions are unnecessary.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
The scale on the plans is all I need! ;)

Find the page with the scale on it and print ONLY that page adjusting print settings till correct
scale is achieved.

Thurmond

bitogre

I personally would like to see measurements so I do not have to print out the full size version. With measurements, I can just read the measurements and then duplicate them by hand onto the foam board.

I guess it is all preference on how you expect to use the plans.

nistrum

bah the full size version is 6 sheets with very little actual ink used. i just printed them out this morning to build it with my niece. its really very little hassle

lucasgg

Thank you everyone! I honestly did not expect to get replies, so thanks again.

xuzme: Thanks for the tip! It's nice to know that every little measurement doesn't matter.

KishMot

I think measurements on the free plans would be a great idea. I could double check my taping of the tiled plans easier.

FeWolf

Ifeel the forums are a mess myself, many RC forums have a sticky with all the plans for planes with it and pictures. I like measurements myself, because I scale down some of the planes.