FT Scout XL Wing Spar

Part FT Scout XL Wing Spar 1.0

alan0043

Hi MackDan,

Thank you for the files. I was able to print out the spar. The spar halves match up nicely. Thank you again. Al

Hi Everyone,

I want to say Thank You again to MackDan for the two piece spar files. They printed out great. I glued them together and also my fingers together. :unsure: :ROFLMAO: . But I have some questions. The dihedral angle of the two piece spar that was glued together came out to about 22 degrees. The angle looked to be to much. I did a dry fit with the two piece spar that was glued together and the two wing halves and it seemed to be much dihedral for the wings. I placed the dihedral gauge under the wings and there was to much dihedral. Then I measured the dihedral gauge that came with my Scout XL kit. The gauge measured about 16 degrees. Has anyone come across this problem ? I am just looking for a simple solution. My 3d printed will not print out the Flite Test files because my printer bed is to small. I do not know how to modify stl files or 3d prints. I was hoping to bring my problem to the attention of the community.

Hey MackDan,

I am curious to know if you tried your two piece spar with your wing halves ? If so, how did it work ?

alan0043

The download button on the resource page mentioned at the top of this thread (located under the social media buttons) downloads an STL file named 447249_cbce96d31a00409d8e34fb651c314c47.stl when you click on it. I've attached a picture with the download button marked.

As far as the size issue goes, if you have an STL file editor, just cut 5mm off each end. It'll still be plenty long to function. FreeCAD will let you edit STL files.
Hi Everyone,

I want to bring this thread back up to the top. I have some more questions. I will copy and paste the above thread that has my concerns about the spar. I have not glued my two piece spar into the wing halves because I believe there is to much dihedral.

Hi Everyone,

I want to say Thank You again to MackDan for the two piece spar files. They printed out great. I glued them together and also my fingers together. :unsure: :ROFLMAO: . But I have some questions. The dihedral angle of the two piece spar that was glued together came out to about 22 degrees. The angle looked to be to much. I did a dry fit with the two piece spar that was glued together and the two wing halves and it seemed to be much dihedral for the wings. I placed the dihedral gauge under the wings and there was to much dihedral. Then I measured the dihedral gauge that came with my Scout XL kit. The gauge measured about 16 degrees. Has anyone come across this problem ? I am just looking for a simple solution. My 3d printed will not print out the Flite Test files because my printer bed is to small. I do not know how to modify stl files or 3d prints. I was hoping to bring my problem to the attention of the community.

Hey MackDan,

I am curious to know if you tried your two piece spar with your wing halves ? If so, how did it work ?

I am still open to all comments and help. Thanks guys.