Not sure where this goes, but wanted to share my removable wing mod for FT Scout XL.
1. Don't glue in wing.
2. Make cuts for canopy as shown in pic.
3. Add popsicle sticks to canopy in front to slide under nose and hold it in.
4. Add popsicle sticks to plane for velcro to secure canopy in back (I put an additional stick in between as a spacer to allow for velcro thickness)
5. Drill holes in landing gear plate and loop rubber bands through, on on each side. (see pics) add an additional rubber band to each side.
6. Rear attach points for rubber band. Add three pieces of foamboard on each side in rear with a skewer on each side, put a washer in between each layer of foamboard to add strength. (see pics)
7. Bonus points - add popsicle stick guides to wing to keep it from twisting.
8. Four flights in, so far so good!
I also made a removable wing for the Scout XL.
I was going to bring the plane to the Dawn patrol at FF 22, but the plane would not fit in my car.
I cut the wing off at the ailerons, and glued 2 aluminum tubes in the fuselage. I then glued 2 bigger tubes into each wing. The fuse tubes fit inside the wing tubes tightly. I added a wooden tab to the fuse and put plastic screws with nuts in the wings. They screw go through the tab to keep the wing on.
I also added a rotary type cowl to make it look like a fokker E3. The rear turtle deck was also removed.