FT22 Speed Build Electronics

NEBlJLA

Hello all, this is my first post on here and my first plane build. I have some experience with multirotors but nothing with planes. I am planning to build the FT22, but would like to buy all the electronics from one place just to cut down on shipping costs (also from the US because its faster shipping). I've ordered from hobbyking before so I've picked out some parts from there. My question is would these work well with the FT22 platform. Is the motor too much for a beginner, I don't wont it to be too slow though since I do have some time behind the controller. Also would those props work well with that motor. Thanks for all the help.

Props- Slow Fly Electric Prop 8045 SF
Motor- Turnigy Park300 Brushless Outrunner 1600kv
Esc- TURNIGY Plush 18amp Speed Controller
Servo- HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo
Battery- Turnigy 1000mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack

Hi there and welcome! :)

My first scratch build was also the FT22, with pretty much the same setup. I was running a a bigger 1300kv motor on a 3s battery and a 8x4 APC prop though. I used an APC prop because a plastic 8x6 slow fly would start vibrating very badly after 60% throttle, apparently because it spins outside of its rpm limit. There's a slight chance you may run into the same issue with your 1600kv motor in regard to the prop. Might want to order some APCs :) Other than that your setup should be pretty nimble.