Help! Motor stops on nano flerken

Fx212121

I built the Flerken Nano about a year ago or so. I have the flite test Aura lite setup.
So when I tried to run the motor with a 3S 850 mAh battery and the 20a speed controller from the kit. the motor stopped or stubbled and if you feed throttle very slow it might get up to speed.So I have tried a different battery same and that didnt work so i tried a 18amp speed controller and that didnt work. it all did the same thing. out of ideas. prop that came with kit. out of ideas

RossFPV

I built the Flerken Nano about a year ago or so. I have the flite test Aura lite setup.
So when I tried to run the motor with a 3S 850 mAh battery and the 20a speed controller from the kit. the motor stopped or stubbled and if you feed throttle very slow it might get up to speed.So I have tried a different battery same and that didnt work so i tried a 18amp speed controller and that didnt work. it all did the same thing. out of ideas. prop that came with kit. out of ideas
Did you calibrate the esc? First you need to REMOVE THE PROP. Then, turn on your radio and set it to full throttle. Next, plug in your plane and you will here some beeps, when the beeps stop lower the throttle and it will beep more. After the beeps stop your throttle should work. If that doesnt fix it check your motor wires for any breaks.

Fx212121

Did you calibrate the esc? First you need to REMOVE THE PROP. Then, turn on your radio and set it to full throttle. Next, plug in your plane and you will here some beeps, when the beeps stop lower the throttle and it will beep more. After the beeps stop your throttle should work. If that doesnt fix it check your motor wires for any breaks.
I actually never heard of this before and I have been building these foam planes for a long time but I will definitely try it. . thanks so i did try what you recommended but it still doing same thing. if i feed the throtle very slowly it will get to full speed but not acceptable to fly

Last edited:

RossFPV

I actually never heard of this before and I have been building these foam planes for a long time but I will definitely try it. . thanks so i did try what you recommended but it still doing same thing. if i feed the throtle very slowly it will get to full speed but not acceptable to fly
Did you buy the motor from flitetest? If you did contact FT support and maybe they will send a replacement.