FTFC23: Build-ruary by Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc

Elite member
My Build entries for Build-ruary 2023
(Build skill: 3.5 (i can make things) Pilot skill: 4 (I have more airworthy planes than crashed ones)

1. Zydeco Zinger

2. Foam Wonder

3. Yin Yang

4. Foam Viejo

(photos, detail, explanations, and questions on my sanity to come)

1. no photo... I haven't finished inventing it yet.

2. Foam Wonder
423969_25cd68062bbddcf32b618329af9781d5.png

Foam wonder source page

3. Yin Yang
yin-yang-dunn.jpg

Yin Yang source link

4. Foam Viejo
viejo_3_540x.jpg

(image of balsa version)

Last edited:

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I haven't technically started yet. I am still in the " I could have done this in January phase" but at least i now have some parts to start with. All the foam for the wonder, yin yang and bandito (foam viejo) are cut out. i might redo the bandito and change a few things though.
435309_91825d9146d37e3e4b708e4e7ccc7d4e.jpg

Zetoyoc

Elite member
This has been my best buildruary yet. Often I just don't enter, or I do and just don't get anywhere. This year, I didn't finish all I set out to do, I am still super distractable after all, but I did manage to finish one plane.
For whatever reason, I decided to work on all 4 planes at the same time. print all the paper. trim and align all the sheets for the 4 planes, then cut out the 4 planes. and well, you get the idea. after all the planes were at the ready for control rods stage I focused on the wonder and put in its servos and control rods. I figured out mounting places for everything and even designed and 3d printed a custom firewall for the oversized motor I wanted to mount. It is done. sadly at the same time frame, my area was covered in snow and ice and some good wind. I may have been able to get out to fly it on time but, well. I dint have the motivation to leave my cozy warm house full of other distracting projects.

So in the end i have one complete plane ready for its maiden flight and two others at about 85-90% completion. the 4th... i scrapped its progress and will be starting over.
all in all, I have had a great time working on this challenge and seeing the progress of other people's projects on the way. It has been a good month.
ill be adding phots to my original post soon.