Great Hobby King Service

fred0000

I don't know what they are doing, I placed 3 orders yesterday morning and I received an email from a checker robot on one of them yesterday evening, should be shipping soon.

sandblaster

I don't know what they are doing, I placed 3 orders yesterday morning and I received an email from a checker robot on one of them yesterday evening, should be shipping soon.

Cool isn't it. I'm cheap on shopping and use the registered mail option. Not in a hurry and stretching the hobby dollar is more important to me. Glad to have the products at the price they offer. Makes flying an affordable hobby for me.

fred0000

I use the cheapest shipping option available everytime, no complaints about shipping speed from me. (I placed my 40th order yesterday)

John Campbell

I am glad someone is having good luck... I find getting it shipped out is not the hard part. the Hard Part is when things arrive wrong, missing, or broken... When you tie Customer Service into it things go bad real fast. My first 27 orders went perfect no problems. Order 28, 30, and 32 had problems. Number 28 they demanded more shipping before they would ship, to make it up to me they promised me a free gift (turned out to be Hobby King Stickers), order 30 had parts missing from the order, and this last one 32 had MAJOR problems. See my post "When it rains it poors". Too much to cover here.

sandblaster

John,

I'm finding it very hard to believe one person can have such bad luck. To be honest, you seem to be an odd ball with this. I do not understand your motive to be so negative and having to be so public with it. Guess I have become a skeptic on the net. I have seen and experienced to many times where someone is being paid to bad mouth a competitor with tales such as yours. I watched a very popular forum be destroyed by a very negative person who simple could not obey the simple forum rules. So he would break the rules and then very vocally complain and then invite the forum members over to this "other" forum were the rules were more relaxed. Now the original forum is the same as dead. You may be very legit and a very nice person. If so, please, we do not need a daily run of your bad luck. Please keep it to your thread and let the rest of us enjoy our great service.

DO not want to start a war, but life is just to short for me to get bent out of shape on hobby stuff.

Personally I am so pleased to have HobbyKing to buy from.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
There might be a problem with the understanding from the support personnel at HobbyKing.

I sent a letter to the support and Thanked Them after my 100 th order without any problem.

The reply was " We will take care of your problem "

John Campbell

John,

I'm finding it very hard to believe one person can have such bad luck. To be honest, you seem to be an odd ball with this. I do not understand your motive to be so negative and having to be so public with it. Guess I have become a skeptic on the net. I have seen and experienced to many times where someone is being paid to bad mouth a competitor with tales such as yours. I watched a very popular forum be destroyed by a very negative person who simple could not obey the simple forum rules. So he would break the rules and then very vocally complain and then invite the forum members over to this "other" forum were the rules were more relaxed. Now the original forum is the same as dead. You may be very legit and a very nice person. If so, please, we do not need a daily run of your bad luck. Please keep it to your thread and let the rest of us enjoy our great service.

DO not want to start a war, but life is just to short for me to get bent out of shape on hobby stuff.

Personally I am so pleased to have HobbyKing to buy from.

I have had a lot of orders when them, and guess they came due all at once. As far as being an ODD Ball, not the only one with these problems. Check out RC Groups. You will find them. The best form of advertising is free.. It is called word of mouth... When people get good service we talk about it, but that advertising is a double edged sword. When you get bad service, people talk about it as well. As this thing progresses, I will continue updates until it is totally closed to my satisfaction and not before. I like HK and have used them for a long time. Look at the thread, and you will see exactly what happened. It is not brain surgery... We will see how they handle it this time... I do not start wars, but I will finish them. I do share my experiences good and bad and will continue to do so.

If you order from them enough, you will have a problem. When that time comes, I wish you the best of luck. This forum is for sharing experiences (good and bad) about Hobby King. That is exactly what we are doing.

John Campbell

There might be a problem with the understanding from the support personnel at HobbyKing.

I sent a letter to the support and Thanked Them after my 100 th order without any problem.

The reply was " We will take care of your problem "

I wish I could get one of those... Congrats.

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Im on my 28th order with HK; I had 1 defective toy heli out of 3 (bought 3x9,99 cheap helis) but i knew that at that price they were disposable; complained with CS and they asked me to send it back .. ofc i just ditched it in the trash can .... they gave me stickers to compensate :p

i had a missing hinge package on a 2 item order ! not a big deal too because it costed me less than 1 dollar and they credit me right after i send the pictures of the package.

Other than that the service have been good; the worst part is ALWAYS when you try to reach customer support and live support to solve a problem, they are slow and inneficient but eventually they get their jobs done.

Customer support is the weak link at HK and they know it .... just hope they are willing to invest to be better.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
The only problem I have found with customer support is that it takes a while to reply. Usually my problems get sorted really quickly. Recently I got sent an AT6 fun fighter but the box came completely damaged, like some fat bloke had sat on it in transit. Provided pictures and rejected the parcel so I didn't have to pay to have it sent back. Only problem is that was at the beginning of January, and now the parcel still hasn't arrived at HK. My point is, HK do a good job and I hate parcel services:mad:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I just got off the line with CS. Here is the usual me with the CS team, first asking for free stuff in my latest order, then just being nice to them :D

Feel free to judge my methods :)

I do wish them a good day sincerely, I put myself in their place and their workday stinks quite a bit. Lot's of mad people.

Order now says: [h=1]HOLD ORDER - REQUESTING RANDOM GIFT[/h]

Thank you for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team. How may I help you?
You:Hi!
You:I just placed an order for a DT750
You:and I would like to know if I could have a free badge or neckstrap or stickers or whatever :D
Ivy:May I have your order number please?
You:200481xxxx
Ivy:One moment please while I check your Order.
You:Is it possible?
Ivy:I have sent a request to our warehouse. A random gift will be added if available.
You:Thanks! You are awesome!
You:When do you think it'll ship?
You:It's still 5am in Hongkong, so I guess theyll do it today or tomorrow
Ivy:Please check in 24-48 hours. Your parcel should ship shortly.
You:OK
You:It was nice talking to you! Have a nice day! I hope you don't get too many angry customers on you, I know you guys have a hard time with some people...
You:I'm a happy customer :)
You:See you!
Ivy:
1happy.gif
Thank you for your concern.
Ivy:You're welcome! Have a great day!
You:
1happy.gif

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Posted the pic of my defective leds ( from other topic ) on CS forum on monday; today they refunded me !!

I flame for poor QC but i can praise for the good CS too !

thank you hobby king for being good to me and let me enjoy this hobby !!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I've had 2 bad Sony FPV cameras. Sent one back and got a refund but never bothered sending the other one back. I still buy heaps from HK because of a) The savings b) The range c) Always let them know I buy from them because they are a Flite Test Sponsor

I am about to put in order 24!