Has anyone tried this??? Blade Nano QX & QX FPV

mrstamp80

Has anyone tried swapping the flight control board?

Basically taking the FC from the nano qx and putting it in the nano qx FPV??

Ok, Here is my thought and reasoning why to do this. My flight time with the Fpv nano qx is about 1:45 - 1:50 seconds before low voltage warning comes on and cuts me out of the air. Before anyone jumps to conclusions here is a list of things i have done to the quad to try to get more air time.
1 - 10 different batteries , same result
2 - New props, as the slightest nick will drastically cut down on flight time
3 - Talked with horizon and they have sent me 2 different boards (no charge) the last time i talked with them was told about 2 min is all you should get.
4 - Took the camera assy out of the FPV Nano qx and the flight time is the same

So after I fly my fpv nano qx and the low voltage comes on, I can take that same battery out and right away put it in the regular Nano qx and fly it for another 3 solid minutes before the low voltage comes on. With that said there is very little weight difference between them. 0.5 oz nano qx 0.7 oz fpv qx take the camera assy out of the fpv qx and you got 0.5 oz Now keep in mind i did this test with my own postal scale and no battery in it at the time.

My question is does anyone think that if i swapped the boards i should get a longer flight time? Does anyone know if the low voltage warning is set to a different voltage between the boards? I haven't tried this but was wondering if anyone has.

jipp

my guess would be no.. what i would recommend is to buy the larger capacity battery's. im enjoying the flight time im getting from the 180mah 1s 45C battery's. the stock ones that come with the nano are weak. the blade brand ones i am speaking of.. i think they are only 150mah 25c so buy some upgraded battery's.. as it will come in handy with the added juice used by the camera etc.. changing FC Over is a waste of time.. my guess is they are identical.. it makes no sense why they would be different.. it would add to the cost etc.. they are in business to make money..

chris.

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
The reason for your extra flight time is because you are no longer trying to power the camera. The nano is the same with or with out the camera. One just has a modified battery cord to plug the camera in.

mrstamp80

Like I said in the original post, "if i take the camera assy out completely" I still get the same short flight times. Also, I have some maddog 180 35c, same result as the eflite 150 45c, I also have some other batts that out 160 45c with same results. You would think by removing the camera assy it would get longer flight times, but no change.

Spastickitten

I think you can change them out, but there might be a difference in cg and weight that might not programmed in. I do think the replacement board is the same in the store.
nqxfpv.PNG

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I don't think the flight brick is your issue. In my experience As brushed motors age they consume exponentially more power. The problem becomes worse if they are overflown. My Syma X5c started having dramatically less flight times. Then it started to have power problems. Eventually it would just flip over and crash in flight. Turns out the motors were tired. I put new motors in and it flew like new again. The old motors weren't even that old... I guess because I put a larger battery of twice the capacity it probably put way too much strain on the motors.

Sounds like a bad motor. Bad motors draw a lot of current and drop the pack voltage below the ESC cutoff. I've replaced 2 of my QX Nano FPV motors because of the same thing you describe. Same time too, about 1:30 and done. I have no idea why a HH rep would say that is normal though. Possibly because some people always fly at full throttle...