hello from CO. You guys rock!!

tim30

i ran into your vids on youtube, Im 39 years old and have been doing rc off and on since i was 16. ive seen tons of you vids and love you guys!..ive gone to school for aerospace and electonics, DC theory, and im STILL poor...go figure, thankfully, the prices have come down a lot!! i remember when a mini servo was like 40 bucks!!, and a reciever or esc was like 80 bucks!!...lol..

Ok, so here is my predicament,

i was out of rc while in the millitary and collage so its been a while, meanwhile, the hobby has grown and brushless awesomeness has arrived!... i bought a used big plane and crashed it many times to the point that iff i reassembled it again, it would be a flying ball of glue.....not that it can be done, just ready for a new plane. built this huge one out of pink board insolation foam. its sweet...ill cue you in to the design and story behind it later, but first.....

needed two 70mm ducted fans..bought two off the net....wires not culor coded when i got them...figured no biggy.
from my old plane.

here is what im working with...

1 Detrum KV500 brushless
2 mystery 3900KV edf's
1 5CH spektrum dx5e trans.(2.4GHz)
1 6CH orange RX DSM2 receiver (2.4GHz)
1 6CH Blue mx AR500 DSM2 receiver (2.4GHz)
4 Detrum mini servos
1 Detrum 40A 2-6 LIXX speed controler.

After deciding to move over my electronics to the new plane and edf's, a puzzling thing happen.
using my orange Rx, i plugged in one servo, esc, to the Rx, and then my old brushless kv500, then plugged in the 4s lipo battery, all was well. moved the throttle on the trans and everything functioned well. took about 15 seconds to check it. then disconnected the 500kv and connected it to a single new 3900kv edf. it functioned as well only i was about to lose my grip on the fan so i set it down after lowering the throttle. the motor came disconnected seen as the edf was not fitted with connecters and not colur coded either (cheep asses) , apon reconecting....i smelt the distinctive "omg...something electical is burning!" smell. i immediatly disconnected the lipo. since then, apon reconnecting and bench testing , the reciever light would be dim and the esc would make its first 3 assending beeps, but no servop movement, no motor movment and the reciever would heat up . so ...i ordered a new Rx. it finaly came in the mail today, so i hooked it all up to origonal config with the kv500 brushless. binded with out any trouble, took about 30 seconds, all was well. brought the serv,rx,esc and trans over to the new plane fitted with the new edf's. plugged in the motor that had not been bench tested and with out turning off the gear, i unplugged the old motor, and plugged in the edf. beep beep beep beep beep.......... about three seconds apart....i think that is suposed to mean that the Rx is unpluged. so i checked it was plugged in and it looked fine. only there was no light on the reciever!....
wtf!!!

so, with the old kv500 plugged in, i attempted another start up......nothing...just the 3 beeps for start up...then nothing. not even a smell this time. so, pluged in the old rx out of shits and giggles and a light came in, dim...and got the 3 second spaced beep beep beep beep...ect.....

im ready to start punching babies at this point. (not really but it sounds fun!!)

apon inspection, i noticed a lead that plugs into the "thro" pins on the rx , coming from the esc (brown,red,orange) the brown lead in the connector was missing its plastic little tiny clip that keeps it from sliding out when being plugged in.

is that my issue?...both my Rx's are dead.... i dont know what to do, what is to blame..ive re-tested making sure that the brown lead has been making contant and i cant get anything to work here....dose anyone know whats up?....im poor and live in an area that things get delivered 3 days later than what they say schedualed.

Im betting some of you staff have had this happen and know exactly what it is im doing wrong. by the way!!...i love your foam board kits!! that is so awesome that you guys sell them so cheep after engineering it all. im very enviouse of your work shops and toys!!! lol
ty for reading this , i know i dont do so well with grammar, they wernt too big on that in the schooling i took. cant spell my way out of a wet paper bag but i can build you a huge jet engine from tooth picks and bubble gum!!!.

any help would be great!!

Ron B

Posted a thousand or more times
Can you take it into Junction to the Hobby hut on 12th street just south of north ave. ? Chris may be able to help.