Help me build a brushed micro quad!

LUCIFER

Hey guys,I hope I am posting this in right section,anyways I just bought few parts for building a micro quad which are as follows-
Eachine 32bits f3 brushed flight controller
4xbrushed motors
1x1s 3.7V lipo cell
1xppm reciver
and finally,some props and a carbon fibre frame.
The problem is I don't know anything about wiring and flashing the fc. I really have no idea about beta flight,I built a normal quad with kk2.1.5,few months ago.This stuff is different,the reason I moved to micro stuff is because,I am really bad at flying and I crashed my old quad so many times.It took so much money for me to repair it,and I don't want to do the same mistake again and Micro quads are cheap,and are replaceable.
And there is one more thing,I happen to have a i6tx,which doesn't give ppm signals.So I bought a micro ver 2.0 ppm reciver. I have seen tons of videos on youtube,but still I couldn't figure out how to bind it with my i6tx. To all those people out there who have built these kind of quads,your suggestions would help me a lot.
Thank you!

jtrops

I don't know off hand what receiver you have, but I'll guess that it is the FS a8s micro ppm Rx. Here's a video on binding with the fsi6.

If you have the Eachine evo f3 brushed flight controller you may want to get a cli file for the qx80 to use as a starting point. My board came with clean flight installed, and after some reading I decided not to upgrade to betaflight. Apparently the board isn't capable of using the newer features of betaflight, and the older features are exactly the same.

LUCIFER

Thanks a lot!,I was able to bind my ppm receiver to my tx,and one more thing,am I supposed to connect my ppm receiver to UART2?,and how do I figure out which one is my tx and which is rx on my receiver?.What's the difference between them?,is it the rx wire which produces ppm signals?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
ok,but what about the tx wire?,should I leave it alone?

Not sure exactly which Rx you're using, if there is a 4th wire from the receiver (other that +, ground and PPM signal) it is probably for telemetry which you can connect to the Tx pad of a different UART. Which receiver are you using?

LUCIFER

I am using a flysky VER20 ppm reciver,it has got four wires.The only thing I know about my receiver ,is that it is only compatible with flysky radios.

LUCIFER

I think I've made right connections,as soon as I connect my lipo cell,the motors start spinning.My radio was off too.And I've been watching videos on youtube,on how to flash fc with betaflight,but it's not helping.Everything is Greek and Latin to me.Are there any list of things I should be aware of before using betaflight?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
A couple of really good habits you should form.... Always turn on the radio first, and never plug in a battery until you're ready to fly. These tiny little brushed motors can't really hurt you, but as you progress you will probably get to machines that can eat your face and hands.

This video is a good place to start:

Bardwell has a ton of videos on just about every Betaflight feature, as it can be a very steep and frustrating learning curve. Spend a few hours watching and learning. A forum like this is perfect if you have specific questions, and we love to help.

LUCIFER

Wow,that was something,thanks a lot!.After this video I did some digging,and tried to install drivers.But looks I am again stuck with something.What could be the problem?,I couldn't replace any drivers,I think some of the stuff which I extracted are in program files,by default.Should I have to keep them all in one folder?
Screenshot (267).png

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The Zadig drivers are only required if you want to flash a newer version of the firmware. That whole procedure has been made easier by instead using the ImpulseRC driver fixer available from here: Downloads - ImpulseRC

LUCIFER

At first,I couldn't connect even after using impulse rc driver fixer.It turns out my board came with cleanflight. It was only after flashing my board with a betaflight firmware I was able to connect.Here are some of the screenshots I took-

Attachments

• Screenshot (269).png
    Screenshot (269).png
    110.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (270).png
    Screenshot (270).png
    119.3 KB · Views: 0

LUCIFER

But again I got this message,says programming failed.But I came to know through CLI mode that I had replaced cleanflight with betaflight. Is there a problem with this?,and the last thing is,I was able to connect my board to betaflight,but my receiver is not showing up in betaflight. There is nothing wrong with my connections.

Attachments

• Screenshot (275).png
    Screenshot (275).png
    154.4 KB · Views: 0

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Looks like Betaflight was flashed properly and you are ready to start configuring. Make sure you select PPM RX as receiver mode in the configuration tab.

LUCIFER

I did that too!,I tried everything,my receiver shows me a red solid light,so it's not a binding problem.There are four wires from the receiver and I even connected the fourth wire from receiver,the tx one I guess. I am pretty sure the white one produces the ppm signals and I connected it to the appropriate pad. I don't know why, but I felt like like connecting the fourth wire too. I hope it wouldn't make any difference.

LUCIFER

pics-

Attachments

• workystuff2.jpg
    workystuff2.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 0
  • workystuff3.jpg
    workystuff3.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 0
  • workystuff4.jpg
    workystuff4.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 0
  • workystuff1.jpg
    workystuff1.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 0

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Still not sure exactly which receiver you have there, but all of the ones I've seen with 4 wires have both PPM and IBUS outputs. You should use the IBUS wire if possible and configure it as a serial receiver in Betaflight. In the ports tab enable Serial Rx on UART 2. In the configuration tab thee recevier mode should be set to serial and the provider set to IBUS.

If you have a link to the exact receiver you bought that would help as well.