HELP! my fly sky FS-iA6B setup isn't working

skork822

So I have two servos connected to the first 2 channels of my receiver ( Polarity is correct ), powered by two 3.7v lipo batteries, I have my FlySky FS-i6X connected to it, but for some reason the servos aren't moving
WIN_20230630_16_07_19_Pro.jpg

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like you have the battery attached to the ibus ports.
Your receiver should work on 4.0 to 8.4 volts. A fully charged 1 cell battery should work, a 2 cell battery would be preferred. Either way the battery should be attached to pins marked b/vcc OR any other set of pins intended for servos.

When the receiver is getting the correct voltage, a light will come on.

Foamforce

That’s an interesting way to power it and while it seems like it should work, I would do it through the ESC instead to be sure. The biggest part is that you’re only giving 1s power there, since your batteries are connected is parallel. Also you risk plugging it in backwards and blowing it out, whereas you can’t do that if you connect via the ESC, since plugging a servo wire in backwards only reverse ground and signal, which is harmless.

Also, did you remember to bind? And is the red light on, indicating it has power?

skork822

Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like you have the battery attached to the ibus ports.
Your receiver should work on 4.0 to 8.4 volts. A fully charged 1 cell battery should work, a 2 cell battery would be preferred. Either way the battery should be attached to pins marked b/vcc OR any other set of pins intended for servos.

When the receiver is getting the correct voltage, a light will come on.
The light is on, my transmitter is binded and it says that the receiver has 5v. When I plug in 1 battery to the B/VCC the light doesn't turn on, I have another battery but I'm not sure if its compatible. This is the other battery
WIN_20230630_17_37_26_Pro.jpg

skork822

That’s an interesting way to power it and while it seems like it should work, I would do it through the ESC instead to be sure. The biggest part is that you’re only giving 1s power there, since your batteries are connected is parallel. Also you risk plugging it in backwards and blowing it out, whereas you can’t do that if you connect via the ESC, since plugging a servo wire in backwards only reverse ground and signal, which is harmless.

Also, did you remember to bind? And is the red light on, indicating it has power?
It is binded, and the red light is on. Do you think I have to buy another battery?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The light is on, my transmitter is binded and it says that the receiver has 5v. When I plug in 1 battery to the B/VCC the light doesn't turn on, I have another battery but I'm not sure if its compatible...
If the light on the receiver doesn’t come on, then there is something wrong. The battery needs to be charged or it’s not plugged into the correct pins. For a single cell battery, it must be fully charged. Remember on the Rx, the center pin is positive. I agree with Foamforce, it would be best to use the ESC.

Foamforce

I would definitely try through the ESC first, because you’ll definitely be getting safe voltage. Assuming you have your ESC, plug the servo style wire from the ESC into channel 3 on the receiver and then plug the ESC into the battery.

I probably wouldn’t plug that 2s battery in. It seems like your receiver could handle it, because it says up to 8.4v, but I think it passes the voltage straight through to the servos, and I’m not sure that they could take it. That would be a good battery to hook up through the ESC though.

One last thing, it’s possible that you have the receiver set up for PPM instead of PWM, and then the servos wouldn’t work. I believe that setting is in the left main menu, under Rx something or other. It’s PWM by default, so this would only apply if you had changed that setting.