Help with fpv setup and cheap glasses.

nunieboy

I really just want something that's ready to fly just because i'm so new to this. I was thinking go with the basic SD with a 900 MHZ from hobby king. I really like the adjustable IPD. Don't care much about head tracking, i just want to fly lol. That would save me maybe 50 bucks, but if the attitudes are easier and has everything i need, i think i'm willing to spend the extra 50

earthsciteach

Don't bite off more than you can chew at once, man. Best advice is to learn to fly, first. Then, once you are comfortable, take you're steps into fpv. An airframe like the Bixler is great because it is a solid learner's plane that can carry fpv equipment quite well.

Last edited:

aiidanwings

Don't bite off more than you can chew at once, man. Best advice is to learn to fly, first. Then, once you are comfortable, take you're steps into fpv. An airframe like the Bixler is great because it is a solid learner's plane that can carry fpv equipment quite well.

What he said.

I regularly take excessive bites and end up digging stuff like this from the ground...

nunieboy

i've been flying pretty well. That's why i'm gonna fly the most retarded and most comfortable plane for me... my ft3d.... lol i feel like it has enough power to recover from retarded maneuvers that i do. That is also why i chose to go with a ready to run attitude sd from readymaderc... I just want something i can grow with and i hope it doesn't fail me

RoyBro

Mentor
If you really want Fatshark FPV, and RTF as well, the Predator V2 has everything you need to get started. No guessing about voltage or frequency. And it's only $20 or so more than the base.
If you're determined to start with 900 MHz, step up to the Dominator @ $40 more. It can still work with the 900 MHz wired, and you will leave your upgrade options open. Just remember that whatever you get, it is quite an investment, so you'll want be sure.