HELP!

Dandaman1687

About a year ago I bought a flight test kit for a plane and assembled it, went to plug everything in and try to bind my Spektrum AR410 with my DX6E and nothing wanted to work, there was no help online so I gave up thinking the ESC was gone. A week or two ago i decided to fix this plane and get i working. I bought a new ESC and a new battery ( the old one puffed up) and set about trying to fix everything. The battery is charged, the motor does a nice tone whenever it is plugged In and whenever I plug in one of my servos ( just one of them the rest don’t do it) it giggles back and forth. No light from the receiver ever. Any help with this problem would be great, everything i still have is well out of warranty and I don’t really want to spend more on this. I’m going to attach an image of what everything looks like right now for clarity.
E62C0B4D-3479-4A3E-9FE8-FD63F275918D.jpeg

Attachments

• 9DE1D6EA-E065-489D-A23A-665884999EA6.jpeg
    9DE1D6EA-E065-489D-A23A-665884999EA6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Taildragger

Legendary member
About a year ago I bought a flight test kit for a plane and assembled it, went to plug everything in and try to bind my Spektrum AR410 with my DX6E and nothing wanted to work, there was no help online so I gave up thinking the ESC was gone. A week or two ago i decided to fix this plane and get i working. I bought a new ESC and a new battery ( the old one puffed up) and set about trying to fix everything. The battery is charged, the motor does a nice tone whenever it is plugged In and whenever I plug in one of my servos ( just one of them the rest don’t do it) it giggles back and forth. No light from the receiver ever. Any help with this problem would be great, everything i still have is well out of warranty and I don’t really want to spend more on this. I’m going to attach an image of what everything looks like right now for clarity. View attachment 220482
Ok so with the AR410 you are going to have to hold the button on the receiver down while plugging in the battery. After that you can put the transmitter into bind mode

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Do you have any control over the servo or throttle? If not, I agree with taildragger, sounds like the Rx is not bound.

Dandaman1687

Do you have any control over the servo or throttle? If not, I agree with taildragger, sounds like the Rx is not bound.
That’s what I’m trying to do, the receiver will not bind, the manual says that a light will turn on after you hold the button for a second but it doesn’t
P.S the batter is plugged in when I try but is unplugged in the picture.

luvmy40

Elite member
It shouldn't matter what channel the ESC is plugged into for power to the RX, but try a different channel just to see what happens. The FlySky RX uses channel 3 default for throttle/ESC connection.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
It shouldn't matter what channel the ESC is plugged into for power to the RX, but try a different channel just to see what happens. The FlySky RX uses channel 3 default for throttle/ESC connection.
He is using spektrum, so its port 1

luvmy40

Elite member
I get that, but it still might provide some usefull data to see if the RX powers up on a different channel. Then again, it may tell us nothing!

Piotrsko

Master member
Motor doesn't care where it is plugged in, just controlled by a different stick function. I swap motor and rudder all the time for mode 2 flyers.

Could be saturation in the reciever, move the transmitter across the room, or use range test power.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
That’s what I’m trying to do, the receiver will not bind, the manual says that a light will turn on after you hold the button for a second but it doesn’t
P.S the batter is plugged in when I try but is unplugged in the picture.
make sure your lead is not plugged in upside down

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
... the receiver will not bind, the manual says that a light will turn on after you hold the button for a second but it doesn’t ...
As taildragger said, to get the Rx in bind mode, you need to press and hold the button while you are plugging it in.

It takes 3 hands or a helper.