Hitech Sky Scout Review

g00runner

Broke Flyer
Hello everyone. i was looking around and saw that there were no reviews on the sky scout so here goes my first attempt at a review. Sorry that i don't have any pictures.

First thing that i will say is that the box is VERY misleading. It says that it is ready to fly in just under 2 hours. Even reading the manual front to back in all of its languages the build would only take most builders max of 15 minutes. It took me about 5 because i had to look through again to make sure i didn't miss anything in the manual. Assembly is quick with only needing to slot in the horizontal tail and secure with a ratchet type pin, and putting the two piece wing in the fuselage. It has a spar and hooks together with a friction fit that i wasn't (and still am not) sure would last. That's IT.

After assembly and radio programing came finding the CG. I found that with the recommended 3s 1500Mah as far forward as i could get it i needed to add an additional 3s 500Mah batt butted up as far fwd as i could get that to get CG right on. Im ok with this seeing as how i plan on making this a night flying plane and will use the second batt for the LEDs, butt it will balance great with a standard 3s 2200Mah.

Onto the flight. After programing and impatience at my radio sat in i decided to fly this 3 channel plane with the rudder set on my rudder stick. For me this was a bad idea. I got it into the air but started battling dumb thumb and landed it safely into the top of one of my trees. After Recovery and inspection i switched the rudder over to my aileron stick and had a short check flight. It flew great but i had to go cook dinner. The next day i set my throttle timer to 5 minutes and tossed it up. Being my first glider i was not confident i would do anything great with it but had a good 27 minute flight. Landed and checked my batt it was at 50%. Exited to get my next flight i charged up another batt for the next days flight. Multiple flights in and now i can say that this is a superb plane and can really find a thermal.

If this was helpful to you please let me know and ask any questions you may have.