• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HK Blue series esc

Hello, is anyone haveing trouble with the HK Blue series esc's? I have a t-copter that I fried an esc on and couldnt get another to match so I decided to replace them all and went with the blue seires. Now I am having lots of issues with the throttles staying in sync, I am useing a KK2 and before changing it flew beautifully, now it acts like the PI setting are off so I played around with them to no avail. I dont want to admit that the new esc's are bad but it is starting to look that way to me. What do you all think? Thanks

RoyBro

Mentor
From a purely troubleshooting standpoint, you have to consider that the problem may be with the KK2 board. I'm assuming it was in use when the esc got fried.

I do remember seeing some multi-copter posts with people successfully using blue series ESCs.

Did you relearn the speed control, and the throttle. I finished my tri yesterday using 3, 20 amp, I did the speed control learn, then had to learn the throttle/motor sync. I was actually able to get it flying in about 5 minutes.. and this is my first multi rotor build.

Next setup the esc or reflash them.. in my rush to get in the air I didn't set them to nimh mode.. so when I brought it in to adjust the rear esc lipo cut which means I'm lucky I only have to replace the rear prop..

RoyBro, Well I said that I fried an esc but that was perhaps the wrong term to use, it didnt really "fry" it was just dieing, I have lost enough of them on this T-copter to know when they are about to quit. I am really about to give up I have tried several different knods and the last ones were RCTimers and I loved them, my T flew great but one day it dropped a corner without being told to so I knew one was on its way out and decided to replace them all, so I dont feel that the KK board was at falut or suffered any damage.

And yes I did do an esc caliberation, actually twice in fact hoping that it would help.

I too have heard of others who have used these with success and am at a loss but then again they are mass produced so it isnt impossible for a sub standard one to sneek out. I have a set of Plush 30s for another project I think I will stick them in and see if it straightens up, I am using Turnigy Plush on my V-Tail and havent had a bit of trouble from them.

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Sorry to hear about the failures.

I will throw out there, I've used around 12 of the HK 20A ESC 3A and none have failed me yet and I load them down pretty hard at times. And they are dirt cheap.