Hobby Eagle A3 Pro Tips??

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I asked this question in another thread but thought it may be worth asking again... I just setup the A3 Pro on my new Timber X PNP. Haven't maidened it yet but does anyone have advice on flight characteristics with flaps? if I'm in trainer mode and deploy landing flaps is it going to try to correct or do something strange? Also any advice on what's the best mode setup for someone still learning to fly (take away the fact that the Timber X isn't the first plane that comes to mind as a trainer). I currently have my 3 position switch set up for GYRO OFF, NORMAL, TRAINER but was thinking of replacing NORMAL with AUTO-LEVEL. I spent the better part of the day yesterday getting it set up and confirming it's correcting in the right directions (my ailerons were reversed).

Frenzy 3D

I myself stop using flaps and flapperones and I'm an expert pilot. Expert 3D pilot.
Just use the flaps if you really need them to slow down but speed is everything. Low speed low control. No speed no control.
My kind of landing usually involves a steep dive rather than the throttle on the whole way down to the ground. It's really how you get used to doing it. Sometimes throttle on landing is good just to keep up the airspeed.
Auto level is not the same thing as beginner but they are similar. You can still do tricks in auto level, beginner mode you cannot.

Frenzy 3D

I myself stop using flaps and flapperones and I'm an expert pilot. Expert 3D pilot.
Just use the flaps if you really need them to slow down but speed is everything. Low speed low control. No speed no control.
My kind of landing usually involves a steep dive rather than the throttle on the whole way down to the ground. It's really how you get used to doing it. Sometimes throttle on landing is good just to keep up the airspeed.
Auto level is not the same thing as beginner but they are similar. You can still do tricks in auto level, beginner mode you cannot.
Just noticed this is 2-year-old thread.