Hobby King Cyber Sale

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Anyone else stalking this sale? They add new items every hour.

They just added this servo this morning, and would be tempting if I had not just ordered the metal 9g at $2 each. Also got velcro strip 3"x 3+' for $0.10!
image.png

I also picked up my biggest plane ever, I couldn't resist the Avios Sea Fury for $90.
Still looking for p40 to be cheaper than the 165 and to get a skipper of either size.

earthsciteach

I bought a second Turnigy 9x with module (mode 1) for $22 from the AR warehouse. Easy to change it to mode 2. Win for me!

paulshort

I got a orangeRX 433mhz open lrs module for $4.99 its to go in my turnigy 9x. I brought the futaba version as the jr version was sold out so I may have to do some tricky wiring.

Paul

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yeah the Wingnetic went fast.

Let me know what you think of the 1200mm Avios.
I've read they have landing gear issues.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I couldn't pass up the $3 openLRS module while they were available, mine still works but a backup would be nice and even with $4 S&H it's cheaper than an empty module case or a RFM22B - so I could always strip it for parts and be money ahead ;)

Then the $22 9x got me. I tossed in a LiFe pack for it and a backlight (Figured I'll have it open to wire in a programming port, relocate the antenna, and convert to Mode2 so may as well toss in a backlight as well while I'm in there.) with shipping it was still <$50. I can either use it to buddy box with my existing 9x and teach my wife to fly...or turn around and sell it to my co-worker and make a few bucks and still get him a TX for less than he'd normally pay.

Gotta stop checking it before my wife get too upset though :D

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I've tried to buy a pair of Bixlers in this sale 6 times now.

I can't make a payment. HK suggests I try a different browser (other than Chrome or IE???). I try to make a payment and some type of dialog screen pops up for about 1 second and then the disappears and leaves me on a blank page.

I never get to Paypal.

Pretty sure it's incognito or private mode or VPN. Pretty sure TOR won't work either. :)

HKs site used to work for me. I have bought most of my lipos from them. But they changed something that resulted in no sale.

Paul-H

Are you trying to order from a mobile device, I have had those sort of issues trying to place an order from my ipad, but the order went through when I got home and paid on my desktop PC.