Hobbyking T6A V2 twitchy servos?

agentwright

Hello all, This is my first post. New to the hobby and I have a lot to learn, please be patient with me. So I just got my Hobbyking t6a v2 and receiver today. Got the software up and running, bound the radio to the receiver and plugged in a couple of servos, they are SUPER twitchy. if they work at all. I actually have two different HK t6a v2 radios the one that came today and an old spare, and I have the problem with both of them. I'm thinking there is an issue with the receiver....? but I tried 5 different servos, towerpro 9 gram, and some hobby king s0361 ultra micro servos, and they all do it. Battery is a turnigy 500 MAH 2s. I have a tiny trainer and I am building a simple storch. but I don't know what is causing the servo issue. any help would be great. Ill get my intro posted in the newbie forum as well. I can post a video if that would be helpful.

Last edited:

Revere

Could be your receiver but first do a simple check - How close is your transmitter to the receiver when you are testing? It should always be a couple of meters away, I know the tendency is to sit close by the receiver to watch what happens but that is really quite a bad thing to do. Try moving further away and testing again to see if the issue is still present.

agentwright

I thought that could be the issue, I moved outside away from any other possible electrical interference and stepped back a few meters, I still had the issue.

Revere

Did you perhaps connect the battery directly to the receiver? or did you put a BEC (ESC) between the battery and the receiver?
If you attached the battery directly to the receiver it could fry it.
Though the receiver should be rated for 5~7.4V input and your battery is rated at 7.4V so if that's the case maybe you got away with it.

If you could describe every component you have attached and what they are connected to - or better yet post a photo or 2 then we could probably nail it down quicker.

Last edited:

agentwright

Thank you all for your comments. I meant it when I said I was NEW! I did have my battery plugged straight into my receiver. luckily it seems no damage was done. plugged everything into my tiny trainer and it seems to work well. I am excited to take it for a maiden, but I need to wait for the wind to die down in my area. Thanks again. boy I have a lot to learn.

Revere

For the first few flights until you're confident that the receiver is fine, I would recommend some pretty slow flying and keep the model relatively close, just in case there has been some damage to the receiver that has not yet reared its head. You don't want your plane zooming off out of control and hitting some old lady in the noggin.

Last edited: