Bad servos or reciever

danskis

Master member
I recently bought a used E-Flite F4F Wildcat - what a great plane. One of my first foamies. I took out the Spectrum safe equipped receiver and installed a Radiomaster without any stabilization. Now when I turn it on the rudder servo and the aileron servos are way out of adjustment (almost every time) and I have to check them every time. So is it all three servos that just aren't centering and I need to replace them or??

Foamforce

I recently bought a used E-Flite F4F Wildcat - what a great plane. One of my first foamies. I took out the Spectrum safe equipped receiver and installed a Radiomaster without any stabilization. Now when I turn it on the rudder servo and the aileron servos are way out of adjustment (almost every time) and I have to check them every time. So is it all three servos that just aren't centering and I need to replace them or??

I would probably hook each of the servos up to a servo tester, center then, and then physically trim them to be straight. Then switch from centering mode to manual mode on the tester, move the control surfaces around a bunch, and then return to centering mode. If the control surfaces are still perfectly straight, then your servos are fine.

RossFPV

Might sound crazy but once i plugged a servo in backwards and it did the same thing and wouldn’t move. Make sure its plugged in properly

danskis

Master member
@Bricks I'm using openTX and the only thing I use the output screen for is to reverse servos. I've go two servos reversed on the output screen.

@Squashymoon125 Yeh you've got to be careful with that. I've fried some expensive servos doing that. Not all servos will survive if you plug them in backwards. I think they were KSTs