HobbyKing troubles

EliteFunk

FunkMaster
Hey everyone, wasn't really sure where to post this. I just want to give a heads up to anyone thinking of ordering from HK international warehouse... Don't! I have two orders that have been "en route" since June 19 (shipped June 16) HK customer service has been worse than useless they told me to wait the maximum 49 days, but I didn't realize I only have 45 days to file a dispute with paypal so now it's too late and I have to just hope they show up eventually. I emailed HK CS and they have ignored me. I read on their forums and on RCGroups that there are a LOT of people in the same boat. So if you're ordering from int warehouse use DHL shipping option, it's very fast. otherwise don't even bother. The reason I'm posting this here is because I ordered from HK after the guys at FliteTest promoted them in a video, thought they should know whats up, maybe mention the issue in a future video so others don't end up in the same situation. (sorry if this has been covered I did a search and found nothing, also I want to note I don't blame FliteTest in any way, just hoping to save others the headache)

Cheers - EliteFunk

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
Just got my order yesterday using swiss post i get it in one week. But i have heard of many just like you that sux. Hope you get your order

jayz 84

Which video did you watch cause i thought FT stop promoting hobbyking for a number of reasons. There lack of service being one of them

Biff45452

My first order from them took like 50 days. The cheap shipping takes forever, especially to Canada. I put in another order using fedex and it came in under a week.

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
I've placed 3 orders. First two weren't bad, the third however, my LiPo's, is taking forever. Already been a month and they say may be up to two months more due to Malaysia air mail security crackdown or something like that...

Noob

I had a similar situation. If you keep on them, not that you should have to, they will refund your money to paypal. I had to go on the live chat several times for several hours with customer service. I just had to keep telling them that I want my money back because the package is lost. That was just one instance. I have ordered several times from the international warehouse and got my product with no issues. Because of my issue though I try to order from my local warehouse anytime it is possible.

EliteFunk

FunkMaster
Which video did you watch cause i thought FT stop promoting hobbyking for a number of reasons. There lack of service being one of them

I can't remember but it was probably an older one. when I first discovered FT I watched almost all their videos in the span of a week lol :p

I am still ordering from HK, I just ordered some fpv gear :)D:D:D) on friday and tracking says its on truck for delivery as we speak, thats pretty fast! For the malaypost orders the 49th business day is this friday so I'm hoping they might still show up, if not I'll be on that live chat like stink on a monkey. Really it's the lack of CS that gets me, not the wait...

Anyway... good to hear the FT guys keep up with kinda stuff.

jayz 84

I still order from there all the time to but it rare from the international warehouse only when they dont have what i need in US store. But i say the only bad thing like you said is there CS it flat out sux

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'll chime in with my experience here as well. I placed an order from the International Warehouse on May 30th. I have yet to receive this order. The last update, according to the aptly named POS tracking website, was on June 25. On July 29th I opened a support ticket with HK Support after the allowed 49 days. I was told that they are looking into it and it may take up to 2 months to track it down! They will refund my money or credit my account 30 days after opening the ticket. So I have almost 2 weeks left to wait for resolution. I have 13 orders with HK in a little over a year. Of those, this is the only time I've had anything take more than 3 weeks to arrive. There customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

The thing that really stinks about this order is that it was part of a Father's Day gift for my father-in-law. My son and I built him an Old Fogey, which will be his first experience with RC. I had a motor and servos, so the plane was complete (which he got on Father's Day), but we've been waiting on the transmitter to arrive for months. :(

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Yeah I have 2 packages in the same boat.

The Malaysia Post got nailed for mailing flares or something so all the packages got recalled.

For my important $$$ orders I just FedEx stuff now.

Less stress.

JohnRambozo

If you're in North America, make sure you choose the USA/Canada Warehouse before you start shopping. If you order from the 'local' warehouse, you'll get your stuff pretty quickly. I ordered lipos and some other stuff from them and got everything within a week. The orders are filled by robots, probably much like Amazon.

hknamerica.jpg

Last edited:

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
Same boat as you. Sucks. My order shipped June 6th. I have to wait another week before I can get my refund. So ridiculous.

Biff45452

If you're in North America, make sure you choose the USA/Canada Warehouse before you start shopping. If you order from the 'local' warehouse, you'll get your stuff pretty quickly. I ordered lipos and some other stuff from them and got everything within a week. The orders are filled by robots, probably much like Amazon.

It may say Canada in the name but it sucks for Canada. The shipping is $30 no matter what, and since it's fedex you're sure to get hit with duty and taxes. I mean it's the same doing fedex from China but you'll get the cheaper prices at least (my order came in under a week from China by fedex). Has anyone tried DHL to Canada from the international warehouse?

BennyG

Prop-p-p-Punisher
In Australia I've had the occasional problem with items after they arrive (can happen with anyone), and I found raising a ticket was worse than useless. I did however find that the on line chat got results I was satisfied with every time I used it. There was a period when they took on line chat off the air. When that was not available, I stopped ordering from Hobby King, it's that much of a requirement for me.

mymaps

It's a matter of bad luck: I paid 2 separate orders (to optimize shipping costs) the same day, back in May, and they shipped straight away.

One of them arrived home less than 3 weeks later, wonderful, but the other one was refunded after 2 months waiting, finally through the Paypal dispute. I was lucky to find that you have only 45 days after payment to raise the complaint in Paypal. HK curiously ask you to wait for 49 days, then close dispute, etc.

I will buy again in HK, but locally, never in International :)