How about a Furey Lake at FF15?

earthsciteach

First, I will throw my body, Arthur Dent style, in front of any excavation taking place on the Furey property (unless it is headed up by John Furey, himself or those sanctioned by Mr. Furey i.e., FT.)
But….

It would be relatively easy to build an above ground landing strip out of 2x6 or x8s and a plastic liner. Just sayin'.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
First, I will throw my body, Arthur Dent style, in front of any excavation taking place on the Furey property (unless it is headed up by John Furey, himself or those sanctioned by Mr. Furey i.e., FT.)
But….

Earthsciteach, be careful! If you happen to miss the earth, you'll be flying!

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
How large would a water landing strip need to be? You can buy pretty thick 10'x25' plastic sheets from Walmart. Maybe multiple can be taped together with gorilla tape or some other water resistant tape?
O6Aaxfj.jpg

abieex

Mentor
You can get 6mil thats 100'x25' at Lowes/HD. Downside is you'll kill the grass in a heartbeat and the water will need to come from their well. I would hate to wear out our welcome!

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
You can get 6mil thats 100'x25' at Lowes/HD. Downside is you'll kill the grass in a heartbeat and the water will need to come from their well. I would hate to wear out our welcome!

Very true, unfortunately. And it is such a nice green lawn

Rob D

I just hope if this lake is created that there's something put in it to stop mosquitoes. Because mosquitoes can lay eggs and within 2 to 3 days there going to hatch by the weekend we'll have a mosquito frenzy smorgasbord lol.

SteevyT

I just hope if this lake is created that there's something put in it to stop mosquitoes. Because mosquitoes can lay eggs and within 2 to 3 days there going to hatch by the weekend we'll have a mosquito frenzy smorgasbord lol.

Buy a bottle of vegetable oil. Pour it on top of the water to keep mosquitos out.