How embarassing!

techbear

embarrassed_bear.jpg

I have to confess. I'm the guy who launched prematurely during the founders plane event (at Flite Fest on Saturday evening).

I'd never done something like that before. I was excited. We had all (sort of) lined up our FT Legacy planes on the flight line. There was a plane behind me. And everyone seemed ready to go.

So I jumped on the throttle and got in the air. Then my spotter and others around me started murmuring that we were all waiting for a "1, 2, 3, go!" or something. With flaming cheeks, I brought my plane back to the runway. My spotter didn't want me to crash and ruin everyone's day, so he said just to stay up and loiter, but I was already on approach, so I landed safely. The FT legacy is very docile and controllable, so it wasn't hard. My spotter grabbed my plane, and put it back in line with everyone else.

Then Josh took off; then everyone took off, me included. It was fun trying to get into some semblance of formation, which I didn't do very well. The camera drones buzzed everyone's plane, so I'm sure there'll be a cool video about the event soon.

Anyway, sorry. Didn't mean to.

kdobson83

LMAO, I totally understand. A new plane, at FF, itchy throttle fingers. I'm sure no one cared. But I agree, video or it didn't happen. Lol

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Could be worse, you could have just scored an own goal in the world cup final!

DamoRC

TrooperCooper

Every time I do or remember doing something like that, I just want to bash my head into a wall. At least you got a “sneak peek” ;);););)

oliviajones

View attachment 110501

I have to confess. I'm the guy who launched prematurely during the founders plane event (at Flite Fest on Saturday evening).

I'd never done something like that before. I was excited. We had all (sort of) lined up our FT Legacy planes on the flight line. There was a plane behind me. And everyone seemed ready to go.

So I jumped on the throttle and got in the air. Then my spotter and others around me started murmuring that we were all waiting for a "1, 2, 3, go!" or something. With flaming cheeks, I brought my plane back to the runway. My spotter didn't want me to crash and ruin everyone's day, so he said just to stay up and loiter, but I was already on approach, so I landed safely. The FT legacy is very docile and controllable, so it wasn't hard. My spotter grabbed my plane, and put it back in line with everyone else.

Then Josh took off; then everyone took off, me included. It was fun trying to get into some semblance of formation, which I didn't do very well. The camera drones buzzed everyone's plane, so I'm sure there'll be a cool video about the event soon.

Anyway, sorry. Didn't mean to.
Really he looks so embarrassing HAHAAHA