Solved FT Aura 5 lite

FishbonesAir

So I put my A5 into my brand new FT Tutor. I used basic setup, on the board, to configure. I tested it carefully in my shop, and everything was working Great.

Went to a fly-in, but as I was prepping, the wind came up and I wasn't willing to risk a maiden in 15mph wind. Controls had tested okay though while I waited for the wind to drop, which it never did.

That was on Saturday, I go out today to try, and my controls are all reversed?!? Left roll is right, right rudder is left, up elevator is down...

I had left the TX on a different model configuration, that uses a different Rx. I noticed when I powered up the plane and it didn't get a signal. I changed to the correct profile in the Tx, without powering down the airplane/Rx/Aura.

Could just changing the TX profile have honked up this temperamental little Gyro beast?

Capt Fishbones

FishbonesAir

So I put my A5 into my brand new FT Tutor. I used basic setup, on the board, to configure. I tested it carefully in my shop, and everything was working Great.

Went to a fly-in, but as I was prepping, the wind came up and I wasn't willing to risk a maiden in 15mph wind. Controls had tested okay though while I waited for the wind to drop, which it never did.

That was on Saturday, I go out today to try, and my controls are all reversed?!? Left roll is right, right rudder is left, up elevator is down...

I had left the TX on a different model configuration, that uses a different Rx. I noticed when I powered up the plane and it didn't get a signal. I changed to the correct profile in the Tx, without powering down the airplane/Rx/Aura.

Could just changing the TX profile have honked up this temperamental little Gyro beast?

Capt Fishbones

Okay, so this morning, I reset the Aura, and did a reconfigure from scratch. All the controls are now straightened out. Not sure what caused the reversal, but whatever.

I'm still having an issue however. When I test the elevator, just straight up and down, with the airplane sitting on my bench and the switch in "no gyro" position (or any position for that matter), I get bleed into the ailerons. Up wants to roll left, down wants to roll right. Is this normal?

Edit: I did try the receiver without the Aura, and it worked perfectly.

Last edited:

FishbonesAir

If anyone happens across this thread, looking for an answer to a similar problem, here's the Solution:
So, operating on a hunch (long ago I did computer support) I did a reset on the Aura using the Aura Config Tool.
The problem disappeared after I did that.

murinafly

If anyone happens across this thread, looking for an answer to a similar problem, here's the Solution:
So, operating on a hunch (long ago I did computer support) I did a reset on the Aura using the Aura Config Tool.
The problem disappeared after I did that.
Thanks, but how can I ensure that my Aura is configured correctly after resetting it?

FishbonesAir

Thanks, but how can I ensure that my Aura is configured correctly after resetting it?
I went through a normal configuration after doing the reset. Then tested to make sure everything is working.

The weather has been lousy, so I'm still waiting to go fly. It had been windy, and then we got snow over the weekend.

Dave, aka Capt Fishbones