How long will the Flite Test Grumman G-44 Widgeon Seaplane fly?

fredira

How long will the Flite Test Grumman G-44 Widgeon Seaplane fly just cruising around on 2200 mah LIPO? hOW MUCH ON THE 2500 LIPO THEY GIVE YOU WITH THE PLANE. Just talking about a relaxing flight ,not getting crazy with the plane on a stock set up. Does anybody have one that knows? Don't want to run out of juice.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
How long will the Flite Test Grumman G-44 Widgeon Seaplane fly just cruising around on 2200 mah LIPO? hOW MUCH ON THE 2500 LIPO THEY GIVE YOU WITH THE PLANE. Just talking about a relaxing flight ,not getting crazy with the plane on a stock set up. Does anybody have one that knows? Don't want to run out of juice.
ik @Hoomi has one he might be able to help, i have seen one guy on rc groups say that he got 7-8 minutes on a 2200

Hoomi

Master member
I have my timer set to 4 minutes right now, and that typically leaves me ample battery for an extra go-around if needed. This flight ended up being almost exactly four minutes from take-off roll to touch-down, and as I recall, I believe I still had about 33% battery left. My flying style is such that I typically back off the throttle after reaching altitude, and just enjoy cruising around. As Dap suggested, start out with 4 minutes, and see what your battery level looks like after you land. If you prefer flying at higher throttle settings, maybe drop your timer a bit for that first check (better to land with a lot of battery left, than to be away from the runway when the battery reaches barely enough to keep the receiver active). and then adjust your timer accordingly.

Hoomi

Master member
Oh, and one caveat on the Widgeon - don't drop the throttle too much on landing approach. My first few landings were a bit rough, until I figured out to keep the airspeed up a bit more than I was used to, and flying it to touchdown, rather than gliding to touchdown. Compare the landing in this video from the second flight, to the one posted above. While it didn't cause any damage, this landing was basically a sudden drop the last few inches to the runway, rather than a smooth touchdown.